cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reliable 3 Mbps now 0.8 Mbps since Sunday - help please

FIXED
mjow

Reliable 3 Mbps now 0.8 Mbps since Sunday - help please

Yes I know 3 Mbps is nothing to shout about, but we have had a rock solid 3Mbps download speed for years. Last Sunday this dropped to 0.8 Mbps and it has stayed there. We went through the broadband fault checker and raised a ticket. Plusnet found a fault and said line modifications would be done in 24 hours. We are now 48 hours on and nothing has happened and the support ticket response seems to be dead. We have added new information with line tests and a 5 year history of speed tests via thinkbroadband which show the formerly reliable connection. Can someone help or escalate this please ? I run a business from home and the 3 Mbps download speed, as poor as it was, is crucial.

3 REPLIES 3
mjow

Re: Reliable 3 Mbps now 0.8 Mbps since Sunday - help please

The BT Wholesale test results for additional info. For some reason it is reporting a max 1 Mbps service, which is clearly wrong given the consistent 3 Mbps service I had up until last Sunday. Has banding been aplied to this connection ?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @mjow.

We are sincerely sorry to see you are having problems with your speed due to your connection being banded at 1Mbps. I have removed this for you and can see your speed is now running back where it should be.  I have escalated your fault ticket here, back to you, and we would advised to update the ticket and let us know here should any further problems arise.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
mjow

Just a follow up note to say thanks for the line settings fix Smiley After a reboot of the router/modem it took another two days for the exchange connection to start to train itself back up from 0.8 Mbps to our normal 3-4 Mbps speed. It now seems stable at 3.2 Mbps. Nice to be able to stream video, music and radio again !