Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Payments email

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Referral Payments email

Hi all,
Some of you will probably have received one of these and be wondering what's going on.
Don't worry, your referrals will continue to be discounted from your subscription costs as normal. You should only worry about the bank details if your referral payments are in excess of your subscription cost - unfortunately we are unable to pay this back to you as we used to.
Please let me know if there's any issues, thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Simon_M
Grafter

Re: Referral Payments email

Thanks Matt.
Can you just clarify further - are you also saying that the one-off sign up payments will also be deducted from subscription payments? I had one fall due mid-quarter recently & it was paid by a credit to my debit card (which amounts to the same as being paid into my bank account) rather than just set off as a credit against the next subscription payment, as happens with the regular referral payments.
Sadly, the sum of these one-off payments together with the regular referral payments have yet to come anywhere near equaling the quarterly subscription. Must try harder.  Embarrassed
(Yes, I'm one of those awkward so-&-sos who pays by debit card  Cheesy )
As I guess everyone else has been saying to you, the only thing worse than being paid by cheque is not being paid at all.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Simon,
As far as I understand it those one off payments are not deducted from your subscription but are issued to you as a payment, either as a cheque or (if possible) into your bank account.
Hope that helps,
Simon_M
Grafter

Ok.
The email lumps them both together, hence my question.
As most new referrals attract a one-off payment at the moment (long may it continue) then I suspect your 'Don't worry' comment may be a little over-optimistic. Anyone making a new referral does need to ensure they have bank details set up.
Do you know (or can you find out) if debit card details (which are directly associated with a bank account) count as sufficient information for you to continue to make the payments directly under the new rules?
James
Grafter

Simon,
As long as your referral credits do not exceed your subscription charges, we will continue to take payment as before, with a reduced subscription fee via your debit card.
Everyone who makes a new referral should set up their bank details so that we're able to pay the bounty into their bank account, otherwise it will be sent by cheque.
Simon_M
Grafter

You might mention to the web design team that businesses make referrals too.
I see that the input form for the bank account details assumes it's a private account & insists on a forename & surname. Fortunately, the name of my business splits quite nicely into two parts.
James
Grafter

Hmm.  I think we've got a problem open on it.  It's nothing really to do with the design team from a functionality perspective.
I'll see if I can dig it out.