cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconfigure fibre router for ADSL

quackers
Dabbler

Re: Reconfigure fibre router for ADSL

OK thanks , I'll try wireless, the factory default password is the one printed on the case I guess so that should be OK and like you say, not much to lose !
mattturner
Grafter

Hi Quackers,
I'm afraid the update process won't work on Wireless (at least I'm 99% sure it won't). The router boots up into a low firmware mode before running the update process, I don't think this mode has wifi support.
But you should try it and find out, I'm 100% sure that it won't break your router, it will simply fail to start.
Matt
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Can you not send the router back to Plusnet and swap it for an ADSL one? that would simply make the process easier?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

The router boots up into a low firmware mode before running the update process, I don't think this mode has wifi support.
Hadn't thought about that. The upgrade runs a TFTP server on the PC and then reboots the router to a basic tftp client. As Matt says, that probably doesn't support wifi...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Whats wrong using an ethernet connection?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

The ethernet port is not functioning on my laptop.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Can't Plusnet flash the router remotely in this case?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I have a Technicolor TG582n which has been set up as a fibre router, how can I reconfigure it for ADSL ?
Catch 22 I suspect...

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Ah!
Maybe worth getting something like one of these: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=usb+ethernet&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=Palemoon:en-US:official&cl...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.