cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended router?

searsp

Recommended router?

Hi everyone, I moved to Plus Net 2-3 weeks back and have got some issues with random disconnections.
I can live with it on the desktop PC but not mid-game during Fifa  Cry
I'm wondering if it's due to the Thomson Router not being that great - the wireless signal around the house is poor so I'd be happy to spend a bit of money if it's going to improve things sufficiently. 
Has anyone upgraded their router due to similar problems and if so, is there a particular router you'd recommend?
Many Thanks
Pete
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Recommended router?

HI searsp,
Welcome to plusnet and the forums. Have you updated the router's firmware? If not, you can get the latest version - 8.2.7.8 - and find out how to do it in our library article here.
Jojo Smiley
searsp

Thanks Jojo, appreciate the response.
Upgrade the firmware last night and have still experienced regular disconnections working from home today?
Is there anything else obvious I can try at this moment in time - I've checked all the microfilters, leads, etc. 
Cheers Pete
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmmm, looks like a few dropped connections on there. It could be the training period but it is always worth making sure everything (including faxes, sky boxes etc) is filtered and if possible that the router is plugged into the master socket with no extension cables or anything as that ensures the ADSL signal reaching the router is as strong as possible. If that doesn't make any difference and the line still drops with the router in the master socket then raise a dropping connection fault to us at http://faults.plus.net and we'll investigate for you.