Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for fibre router?

vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Recommendations for fibre router?

Right most of my use is wired (streaming and gaming), but I do need decent wireless too.  I have a two NAS devices, so it ideally needs to work with DLNA.
What has anyone used that works well and they would recommend to me?
Happy to pay maybe £80 or so for decent kit that will be stable, work at a decent speed and last a while.
Edit: Not looking to replace the openreach modem.
Edit 2: I am currently on ADSL using a Netgear DG834GT running DGTeam firmware, if that gives you any idea of the stability/reliability and specification I am used to.
Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
3 REPLIES 3
vultura
Rising Star

Re: Recommendations for fibre router?

Anyone with any thoughts?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

For that price, you should be able to find one of these: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/networking-and-wi-fi/modem-routers/asus-rt-n56u-dual-band-wi...
No personal experience but I have known of several people who have one and all seem to think it's really good.
[Edit] £79.95 at Amazon with free shipping, possibly cheaper elsewhere.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
vultura
Rising Star

Quote from: w23
For that price, you should be able to find one of these: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/networking-and-wi-fi/modem-routers/asus-rt-n56u-dual-band-wi...

Thanks for reply, yes I have seen that one mentioned on a couple of sites and it seems to get decent feedback.