cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for speed drop

arnoives

Reason for speed drop

Hi
When I started on Fibre I got up to about 20Mb download for a very short while then it dropped to about 15/16mb which was fine. For the past few weeks however it is down to 8/9mb, latest BT speedtest shows 9.79.
Over the summer the internet has had much less use as I was out of action, could this have resulted in the current situation.
Thanks for any help
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Reason for speed drop

Hi there,
The diagnostic checks I've just done don't reveal an obvious cause for this but I'd advise heading to http://faults.plus.net to raise that with us.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
arnoives

Plusnet sent Openreach chap who dealt with three problems, the main one being that that when fibre was installed, the master socket had not been dealt with properly and part of the bits inside were ancient, the two other faults were were outside the property. This produced a line speed of 20Mb download which he demonstrated on his meter, then left.
Problem was the computer speed had not changed much and was far short of the 20. Plusnet then sent a new router (same model as before) and hey presto, 20Mb on the computer.
Many thanks for getting it sorted.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Glad to see that's sorted for you now arnoives, let us know if there's anything else.