Did you mean: 

Really Slow speeds

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Really Slow speeds

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

I can see you've raised a fault regarding this.

We'll get that picked up as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hamid_m_h
Dabbler

ok thank you, can you let me know if changes are made?

hamid_m_h
Dabbler

So i got a telephone with the cord and connected it directly into the master socket and did the line test (17070 then 2), and although i heard constant interference but it was very very quiet. Should i be excepting it to be crystal clear or is a little bit of noise expected?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'd expect the quiet line test to be clear, so I think the next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to further investigate this. I'll update the open support ticket on your account shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hamid_m_h
Dabbler

you need to understand, in order to hear the VERY quiet interference i had to cover one ear its that minimal i would not even have noticed it otherwise. I don't want to call an engineer then end up paying £65 for no reason, unless its absolutely necessary to fix the issue. Have you carried out any tests on your side? and do they show anything out of the ordinary ?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

Broadband diagnostics do pick up on a copper line fault but as tests on the line itself don't reveal an obvious cause for it we'd need to arrange an engineer visit as the next step. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hamid_m_h
Dabbler

Alright, thanks for your help. Today the router is constantly resetting itself, i don't know why. i have attached another system log

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @hamid_m_h, I have a check of the connection and there definitely seems to be something out of place somewhere as our tests are showing high resistance on your line,although our tests aren't picking up exactly what's causing the issue, so we will have to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault here, and getting an engineer out to investigate further. Let us know how it goes.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
hamid_m_h
Dabbler

So, its been a few weeks, although i have been awol on this forum post, its because i've been talking with plus-net support via the help assistant ticket system as well as to support over the phone. They did say something about automatic settings and changes to that but even with the changes  i'm still having the same issues. When i spoke to guy over the phone he was blaming my router which was new and i brought for over £200 (DSL-AC88U) so i thought maybe some settings i need to change? Current settings have been attached below;

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Those settings are correct. (I've got the same router.)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I've just tested the line and it's still showing a high resistance fault so we would need to arrange an engineer visit to get that sorted for you. 

I've just added an update to your account and sent an SMS. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hamid_m_h
Dabbler

-

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There are multiple references to organising an engineer visit - has a date been offered and accepted?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hamid_m_h
Dabbler

I said any next working day, in the afternoon.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Have you had confirmation of a booking?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.