cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real problem with my download speed.

Jake5
Dabbler

Re: Real problem with my download speed.

I dont understand how it has dropped so drastically. though, my speeds have never been that low. I just want to be able to stream Sky Player but it suffers constant interference.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: Oldjim
This is almost certainly exchange congestion ....

I'm not sure.  I'm pretty certain I have seen good sync rates in conjunction with poor speeds resulting from internal problems.  Jake5, did you actually try removing the faceplate from the master socket and connecting the router to the test socket underneath?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Jake5
Ok so this morning before work, around 7.30 am I ran a couple of speed tests and averaged between 5-6Mbs!
I have just done another couple of tests though and im stuck at 1mbs, heres a BT test:
That is not a factor in this case
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've checked your line and can't see any problem from our side. Your exchange was marked as contended up to July but OK as of August.
Your ticket says that the problems happen after 9am, is there any chance you can get a little more specific, with some times of the speedtests? Maybe run a test every couple of hours or so and post the results with the time? This will help us to identify whether or not this is contention.
Jake5
Dabbler

Hello their Ben, this is the latest BT Speed test:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 5274 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps
This is alot better and much higher than the speeds I have been getting around this time of day. Earlier posters have mentioned exchange congestion, but this result shows why I am doubting this theory, the same test at the same time yesterday and I couldnt even get 1mbs.
Is my line having problems stabilizing or something?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No, it's pretty stable with no errors as far as my (brief) testing showed.
All I can advise is that if the problems to re-occur, some timestamped speedtests will be needed and head over to http://faults.plus.net to report it for further investigation Smiley
robjodi1985
Grafter

hi jake,ive been in similiar situation as you when i was with plusnet i averaged 1meg for 2 months,could'nt watch videos,play online gaming,download files larger then 4mb it was dreadful,your line shows that its capable of speeds round 7meg changing to llu provider will help you get the fastest speed,its really frustrating raising fault tickets it takes them a week to replie,i had several engineer visits and none of them found faults with my line,plusnet kept telling me its my wiring and that if i move supplier i will still have the fault,how wrong was they!! ive gone from 1meg to http://www.speedtest.net/result/920047434.png
see plusnet nothing wrong with my phone line,just your service and network is rubbish to be frank,jake try llu website like orange and do speedtest on there it will show you what speed u can get on llu network if orange aint for you just shop around for llu provider(google it) if u can,the longer you put up with this the longer your going to be unhappy and you should'nt after put up with a poor service,best of luck to you