cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready To Leave - Help needed!

ryant93

Ready To Leave - Help needed!

Hi, 

I have tried calling in multiple times and I'm getting nowhere. 

My internet has been working perfectly since I signed up for Plusnet and then around 12-1AM the other morning my phone wouldn't connect and was getting a error saying "Unable to obtain IP Address" I also use a SIP Hard phone plugged in through Ethernet and that stopped working. 

The only things that work are Windows computers that connect via WiFi, the Xbox, Mobiles, SIP Phones don't connect ether through Ethernet or WiFi Ethernet plugs or WiFi. & I have tried Android & IOS.

I have tried splitting the 5ghz and that didn’t help.

I have tried to reset the hub for 60 mins that didn’t work

I have tried clicking the reset button on the hub that hasn’t worked

I tried adding a static IP thinking having a IP would help and it didn’t do anything other than give me a permanent IP which I want to keep btw.

I have tried to connect other phones that have never connected to the Hub before and they can’t connect.

I have tried to plug a PC directly into ethernet and that didn’t work.

I have tried my devices on other wireless connections and hotspots and they work as they should.

I have tried changing my channels on my router and that hasn’t worked.

I am out of ideas other than to switch providers, I know if it's the line that probably won't help but can it be the line if my laptop connects over WiFi but not Ethernet? I'm guessing my Hub has give in.

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Ready To Leave - Help needed!

You don't state what Router you have, but as long as it's NOT a PN one, change the DNS to Google's;
Does that assist.
If you have a PN Router (DNS settings locked), you'd have to change on individual devices to see if that cures.
ryant93

Apologies the hub says this at the bottom when logged in: 

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated Unknown

I have tried on the android phone to set the DNS to google but it still won't connect Sad I can't change the DNS In advanced settings as it's a PN Router. & I'm using plusnet shouldn't the plusnet router they provide be enough to connect without altering my devices? they never had a problem before the other night & once i only ever logged into the router after the problems so I didn't change anything to cause it. & the internet works as my laptops connect to wifi fine it's just nothing else can connect to router even with laptop disconnected. 

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

You may need to reset the Router by inserting end of paperclip into the reset hole on back.

Reconnecting to PN should be automatic ie the necessary settings will be automatically repopulated.

ryant93

tried that after holding it in it flashed orange reset and still wont let anything but laptop connect.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I have tried to plug a PC directly into ethernet and that didn’t work.

Was this directly into one of the LAN ports on the router?

Have you tried connecting to the router by typing 192.168.1.254 into the address bar of your browser?  If this works we may be able to get some further diagnostics.

If this fails then a bit of an "off the wall" idea. Given the info you've provided is it a possibility that your router is FUBAR and your WiFi connectivity is actually via a neighbour's router?

Do you have (or could borrow) another router to try some testing?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.