Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: help with speed suddenly dropping

petecov44
Grafter

Afternonn Guys,
Sorry for posting here. I didn't want to start a new thread on the same issue. I have also come home today and I have dropped  from 72 to 63mbps. My PN speed profile still says 75.4 but I get this.

Is it worth me rebooting the OR modem?  I haven't touched it for a while. I use the same server to test ( Namesco London) which is meant to be the best one but I get it with most servers I try.
to OP - sorry to thrash your thread mate!
Cheers
18 REPLIES 18
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Split off as it has no relevance to the ADSL speed problem thread
petecov44
Grafter

Sorry Jim, thanks for putting it in the right place for me.
I just wanted to say to the team I just did an OR modem reboot and I am struggling to get 60 now and I am on  ptw-bng01
petecov44
Grafter

Just to add I did try a test
::edit:: something happened around 6.30am..
http://f8luresig.mouselike.org/sig.png?/53516.png
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi petecov44,
I've taken a look over your line and can't see any issues. It seems that interleaving may have been applied in the early hours of this morning, this is done by the DLM at the exchange.
At the moment we need to see if you line does pick back up to where it was, if it was to continue to decrease then we'd need to raise a fault for that but for now it would be worth monitoring,
petecov44
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Thanks. I did think this could be it due to the double in Pings. i'll keep an eye on it - is it possible to take it off on FTTC like it is with ADSL?  I was getting little to no DC's on fastpath and that's only when I knocked a plug out (which caused my initial speed dip)
But I will give it the usual 72 hours and then see if it's picked back up. I'll also keep an eye on the MC line speed incase that chances
Thanks for taking a look
Pete
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Pete,
I created an FTTC DLM guide a few weeks back that might be of interest: http://community.plus.net/library/browsing/fttc-dlm-what-it-is-how-it-works/
Unfortunately we can't place orders to modify the DLM as we can on ADSL. The best bet, as you say is to wait, I would say up to a week to see if things improve. If your line stays connected and generally error free, the speeds should increase and Interleaving should remove itself.
petecov44
Grafter

Hi Chris Smiley
Cheers for the read - interesting. .
No problem I will just let it run and see if it can stay up a week (should do) it's not the double pings that bother me it's the massive speed drop. Especially when I saw yesterday there are now a whopping 9 on our cab including me. that 64 port line card sure looks lonely.
Pete
petecov44
Grafter

Just a small request please Chris.
Are you able please to post my line stats on here as you did with Tony? I wouldn't normally ask but I have no way of seeing them as the BTW tester as you know is broken.
Thank you
petecov44
Grafter

oh well, guess I am not special enough
never mind, Who cares anyway it's unlimited.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry, I was replying to other threads and didn't get time to get back to yours. Stats attached.
petecov44
Grafter

Thanks. It says Interleaving off but I am still at 60mbps and my pings are 25ish they were 13-14 before. So should I reboot?
If it carries on dropping contract or not i'll be going back to cable.

And this is with 9 on my cab. I dread to think what it's like fully loaded with 128!
Terranova667
Pro

It says interleaving off on the up but the down has low interleaving applied hence the reduced speed, you will have to wait and See if DLM thinks your line will be good enough to remove interleaving at some point unfortunately there is no way of knowing when that will be if it plans to do so at all, DLM is very quick to apply interleaving and drop profiles but not the other way around.
petecov44
Grafter

Well I am using the f8lure monitor and I've had no drops in the past 3 days. Nothing at all.
::edit::
Just had one

petecov44
Grafter

Today I get an e-mail from you saying
"Estimated line speed: 15Mbps
Current line speed: 63Mbps"
Estimated line speed was actually 59. I am struggling to reach 56 today. so I guess someone will now say " oh your getting 56 when you were estimated 15"  Which is rubbish
"Estimated line speed:
59Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - "
My line (apparently) is 300M but I am physically 150 from the NGA,. I can see it from here. if I had not moved up a floor in this house I would have had a totally new line. I wish I had now.
This is meant to be " real fibre" and superior to Cable - someone was clearly on something when they came up with that. - No DC's until  DLM just turns on probably because the wind was blowing the wrong way and now I've lost something like 13mbps and it still seems to be dropping.  last DC seems to have been around 2:30am today.
Can't even get my god dam line stats still. I might try this other AP that I have and see if that does anything. Maybe it's the technipants?
Sorry for the rant but I am stuck now in 18 months of a service that is so unstable it's laughable. It's not like I am miles from the NGA.