cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: constantly dropping out

srobalino

I have been having the same problem for the last week or so. Constantly drops out. It was coming back up almost immediately, but now it stays offline for several minutes or hours at a time. It happens via wireless and ethernet on both my laptops (one MacBook and one PC). I have removed the filter and replaced it with a single filter (therefore have no telephone) and connected the router directly and it still drops. There are no other phone lines and I do not have Sky or Virgin or other service that might be interfering. I've made sure my router firmware is up-to-date and restarted it several times, even reset it a couple of times, and nothing keeps the connection steady. Previously I'd get a drop of a minute or two every once in awhile and that was annoying enough, but now that it's a dozen times a day, it's ridiculous.
I'm so fed up with this and being told to try another router. I don't have a spare router nor the money to go buy one. So many people seem to be having this problem and we seem to just get passed off. This is really poor.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@srobalino
I assume that you have raised a fault.
If you haven't got a spare router Plusnet will loan you one
Post split off to it's own topic
srobalino

Thanks. Yes I did raise a fault and they told me to get another router, but didn't offer to loan me one. I will follow up next week.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I would expect them to ask you to try another router, eg borrow one from a friend, but not specifically to buy one. If the fault ticket is with you, and any other actions have been tried I suggest responding to that effect and mention that you do not have access to another router; then return the ticket to the faults team.
David
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi srobalino,
I'll see if I can get someone to take a look at this today.
Jojo Smiley