Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Slow internet speed unbearably slow

Vivi-S
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I am also having terribly slow speeds and have been gradually getting lower speeds.  I have gone from 4.2 mbps a few months ago to now 2.7 mbps download (if I am lucky) and 0.5 mbps upload, crawling along.  I have reset my Router several times, but it does not seem to help.  I used to find Plusnet so helpful & reliable.  I have tried ringing, but the phone lines are always busy.  I will need to renew my contract in December and tried to ring about that - phone lines always busy...

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Together with our network partners at Openreach we will try to provide you with the best speeds possible. If you feel this is not the case, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Vivi-S
Grafter

Broadband Troubleshooter - Error

There's been a problem

Please try using the Broadband Troubleshooter again in a short while. If you continue to have problems please contact our Support Team for help.

Just tried this @ faults.plus.net & got this error!

I have been with Plusnet for years now. But seriously thinking of moving to Now Broadband after my Broadband Contract ends on 16th December 2020.  I recently got a Plusnet email about my contract & a price, which didn't take into consideration I have Anytime Phone + a discount + have paid my line rental until July 2021.  Tried to ring to discuss it, can't get through.  Tried to ring about my slow speed - can't get through.

Vivi-S
Grafter

Error

Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later.

Just tried again and got this error.

How on earth do I report a fault...

Vivi-S
Grafter

Plusnet Phone lines too busy again.  I give up... no help, can't log my fault @ faults.plus.net as requested above - keep getting an error, can't discuss a new contract as phone lines too busy, can't discuss my fault - how on earth do I get help?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Posts split from another topic into a separate thread. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Vivi-S . Plusnet staff support, like the phone service, is still severely restricted. If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at THIS  post and supply as much detail from it as possible.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

John
Vivi-S
Grafter

Thank you, John.  Did the Quiet Line Test - no noise at all so phone fine.

Went to the ADSL - Speed faults link.  I have an Ethernet connection.  Clicked on the link Plusnet Router 2704n (link for Router stats - noise margin, speed and attenuation (upstream and downstream) - it didn't give them.  When I tried to put my router in this link @ https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php, it didn't have my Plusnet router - only the Plusnet Hub 1.  Done the BTW Speedtest.  The ADSL - Speed faults link is 5 years old...

jab1
Legend

@Vivi-S OK - that rules out a phone line issue, which is good.

To get the stats - all the important ones, anyway, it is easier to log into your router and copy and paste the 'Helpdesk' page - although please delete/obscure any personally identifiable information before posting. I am assuming your router is therefore the Hub Zero/2704N.

What were the results of the BTW (advanced) speed test, please? It would be a good idea to copy and paste the results page into this thread.

I appreciate the thread I linked to is 'apparently' 5 years old, but it is updated as required - note the last edit date.

John
Vivi-S
Grafter

Thank you all for your replies.  I've decided to upgrade to Fibre Broadband Unlimited and will have a new Hub One Router very soon + my line will go live by the end of the week.  Plusnet rang me and were very helpful.  I decided with just paying a little extra a month, it was the best way to go.  Just a question - when changing over and setting up the new router, do you keep your computer on?

jab1
Legend

@Vivi-S Hope your upgrade goes to plan.

To answer your question - yes, when setting up the new router, you leave the computer on - I don't know, having never done an ADSL-Fibre switch, but you may need it.

John