cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Persistent Dropped Connections.

lenny
Grafter

ok i was just thinking that if everything was the same as when the drops was occurring , not had any drops but still got intermittent noise on the line
thanks for your explanation Anotherone
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Lenny,
The reason for the absence of drops could be the elevated SNRM (and consequential slower speed) keeping the line stable.
Keep the RS plots running and post anything odd here please.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lenny
Grafter

Thanks Kevin,  i was wondering that but this has only started about 8 weeks ago if my memory serves me right , we have also had in the area and our village kelly communication pulling cables for fiber , but i am still getting the intermittent noise on the line , will wait for the engineer now friday morning
thanks all
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

OMG Kelly Communications - say no more.  Sad Shocked Huh Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lenny
Grafter

:D.  at least they have finally got around to sorting out fiber for us
lenny
Grafter

Just an update
Just checked routerstats and had 2 drops during the night straight down to 0 and straight back up , all lights on router lit but no internet , just comes up on web page can not find server, engineer should be here this morning .
Had to use my 4g phone to write this
lenny
Grafter

the engineer has just left and found no fault , plugged his machine in to the test socket and all ok so no further action from him , he told me to report a fault again and ask for someone who can do the necessary fault finding and rectify this , not some one who just comes out to test the line, this is despite having no broadband when he came , after he took his machine of the line and plugged my adsl cable back in it started to work ,
he stated that there could be a break in the line thats only showing when windy but as nothing showing when he was here he could do nothing
i asked if he could at least change the pairs in the cab , not allowed to do was his reply, he was not here 10 minuets
this is an intermittent fault and will not present it self by magic when someone comes to try and solve
so in the mean time please organize another fault for me and reset my snr to 6 please
totally frustrated

cheers
chris
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Re: Persistent Dropped Connections.

Is this being dealt with by Plusnet as a broadband fault or a PHONE fault. If not a PHONE FAULT, why not?
Despite this it doesn't look like it happened Sad
lenny
Grafter

To be honest  I cannot rember what it was reported as  Embarrassed
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

It was definitely a phone engineer who attended as I was the one who booked it.  Wink
I've rejected the clear and passed it back to our suppliers. We should know more shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lenny
Grafter

thank you ,
had some more noise on the line when i made a call an hour ago
  a shot of my router stats from today
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Re: Persistent Dropped Connections.

Sounds like the engineer didn't exactly do many exhaustive tests then Roll_eyes
Next time one turns up, you could (politely) ask them if they are running TDR tests (Time Domain Reflectometer) tests  Wink
FYI, these are tests where a signal is sent up the line and the echo response is examined for blips that highlight bad or potential bad joints.
lenny
Grafter

he plugged what looked like a big hand set in ( blue in color) and did a quiet line test ,then plugged a small oblong shaped box in with an lcd screen and said that everything was ticked ok and nothing was flagged  red and that was it, made a phone call on his mobile outside ,
He explained that he could do no changes to pairs or anything else to try and eliminate the fault so if i had to report a fault again i could tell the next engineer what had been changed  and hope fully that pointed to something else, he told me to report again but ask for an engineer how could rectify the fault not just test and then he left , if he was here a  quarter of an hour that was pushing it
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It was reported as a phone engineer, so anything relating to broadband would not have been in his remit to look at.
If there is noise on the phone line we need to get that fixed, can you let us know (updating the ticket is fine) your availability for a *phone* engineer to visit.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lenny
Grafter

ticket updated thanks