Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rather disappointed

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Rather disappointed

I received an email today offering £5.00 a month off my subscription for six months for being a loyal customer with no hidden catches. But there is a catch, I have to agree to stay for the next twelve months.
Now the way to get customers to stay is to give them good service not offer bribes. If you want to award loyalty then do so with no strings attached because to me such an offer is more of a bribe than a reward.
There are no complicated terms and conditions or hidden catches, all you have to do to take advantage of this offer is agree to stay with us for the next 12 months.
10 REPLIES 10
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Rather disappointed

You never get something for nothing you know.
While this offer may not suite you, it had suited others who have signed up for the discount.
James
Grafter

There is a perfectly simple answer to this problem.
If you do not want to commit to the 12 months to receive a refund then simply don't.  If you would like to receive a rebate against your subscription then you are more than welcome to take up this offer.
LiamM
Grafter

Lots of people reward commitment in this way.  Several companies offer better prices for longer contracts (phone companies, utility companies, hosting compaies etc.. etc...).
In order for PlusNet to justify the expense, there needs to be something in it for them - and in this case it's the additional security of the customer remaining with PlusNet.  PlusNet are a business, y'know?  They may as well throw money away, or reduce all their prices if they weren't going to ask for some commitment from the customer.
As James has said.  The offer will nicely suit many customers.  If you don't want the extra tie-in, then that's fair enough - but the offer is not for you and you pay extra for the benefit of being able to leave freely.
pcoventry76
Grafter

I was offered £20 cashback via my employer's website if i did 12 months but i decided not to
it's a simple choice as Liam/James state
Pete
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I think my point is being missed. If you want to reward a customer for loyal custom then do so WITHOUT any strings attached. If you give someone a present you do not do so on the condition they give you one.
It would have been a far better offer and meant more if the email said "Thank you for being a loyal customer, we would like to reduce your monthly subscription by £1".
To me it's not a matter of being tied in for twelve months because I have no plans to move, it's the way the offer was made with conditions attached.
James
Grafter

Hi George,
I think this topic has already been done to death in this thread.
fceluk
Grafter

I see what you mean James  Shocked
7th_star
Grafter

@ George
I think there is an assumption that this offer is for past loyalty.
I think the past loyalty was just being used (in the initial trial of this offer) to gauge if certain people would benefit from this - future loyalty - scheme.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I can't recall getting one of these emails  Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mand
Grafter

Hi FretMaster,
We've sent a couple of batches of these emails so far, we can't email the whole userbase at once as I for one would struggle to deal with the influx! Cheesy
As I said in the thread James linked to earlier, if you would like to take this offer but have not yet received an email simply raise a ticket for my attention quoting this thread and agreeing to the new 12 month commitment and I'll happily add this for you.