Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rather confused!!

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Rather confused!!

Thank you!
What needs to go with router when I send it back?
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Everything that came with it if possible, micro-filters and power supply please.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

As it was an FTTC router, I didn't get any micro filters  Huh
Also as you may have seen on my account that i'm downgrading to ADSL as there is no fibre availability.
Are YOU able to supply a few micro filters to connect the telephones and hubs up etc???
Would be great!!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

didn't you have them before you went to Fibre
doesn't the new build have a filtered faceplate
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

@OLDJIM. No I ordered PN fibre as a new customer (never been with PN before)
Also I chucked out all microfiltrs that Sky provided as no longer needed obviously.
Also can you (I ) put a filtered faceplate? I am planning to put the router in my bedroom where a extension socket goes (already fitted by BELLWAY)
If I put a filters faceplate in on the mast socket. Will I be able to put the router on a ext socket?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Only if the filtered faceplate has unfiltered terminals and that particular extension is wired from the unfiltered terminals. You'll still need a filter at that extension socket just to convert from BT socket to RJ11 even if you don't want a phone there, or if you don't want a phone there you could fit an RJ11 socket instead of a BT type. If there are other sockets on the same wire (ie. daisy chained) then you'd need filters on them if you are going to plug anything in, all told depending on what extension sockets there are and how they are wired, a filtered faceplate may be a waste of time.
You may be best waiting until you can check how it's all wired up, whether the correct cable has been used etc.
You may just as well get your self a couple of quality Microfilters that look like this? anyway. You'd need on for testing from the Test Socket should the need ever arise, and a spare is always good - should have kept your Sky ones  Roll_eyes