cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rank Avartars [Spilt from Poll: Bright Sparks ranking - should it be retained?]

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Rank Avartars [Spilt from Poll: Bright Sparks ranking - should it be retained?]

Quote from: James_H
To me it looks a little blurry, and too small to read effectively.

Hi James_H Your 100% right it is too small & blurry.  Smiley
John_Essex
Grafter

Re: Rank Avartars [Spilt from Poll: Bright Sparks ranking - should it be retained?]

Quote from: Alex

John, I notice your Legend logo is the same as the Bright Spark one.
You should design something else appropriate, for just yourself at the moment Cheesy I wonder when they'll be others. Peter Vaughan surely deserves one because of his post count and the help he's given on the forums, but being a Usergroup member makes that difficult.

I was actualy surprised to find that I had been given a logo. 
I'll have to see what I can come up with thats different and PM it to one of the remaining Moderators for consideration Wink
John_Essex
Grafter

Simple but effective logo for moderators using the existing forum coulor.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Agreed - nice and simple but clear and easy to read
Assos
Grafter

hehe, glad to see you've not given up on your graphics duties as well as the modding John Tongue Cheesy The community mod logo looks good to me Smiley
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: John_Essex
Simple but effective logo for moderators using the existing forum coulor.

Sorry but tHe colour is no good for a lot of people.  Make the text colour black.    Wink
Quote from: Oldjim
simple but clear and easy to read

Oldjim sorry but you ar 100% wrong, the text is no good for a lot of people, the text colour needs to be in black.  Wink
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Ok here is my attempt at a logo for the: Community Forum Moderators.

John_Essex
Grafter

Just for you then here is the best of both worlds.

Edit:- to include missing word "you"
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Quote from: tdadyslexia
Oldjim sorry but you are 100% wrong, the text is no good for a lot of people, the text colour needs to be in black.  Wink

I am not sure I understand this as by that token a lot of the text on the present forum is not acceptable. I would have thought that as long as there was a reasonable contrast between the text and the background there would be no significant problem.
Other than a slight size and line thickness what is the difference as shown below
Spider
Grafter

The black on white logo is definitely the clearest. As to the other text on this forum I find a lot of the colours wishy washy on my monitor and so not my preferred choice.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Moderators Note
This thread has been split out from; http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=1284.0
Jonathan
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: Oldjim
I am not sure I understand this as by that token a lot of the text on the present forum is not acceptable.

You ar right the text on this forum is not acceptable.   Smiley
I would have thought that as long as there was a reasonable contrast between the text and the background there would be no significant problem.

Sorry Oldjim you ar wrong.  See Spider's quote why.   Wink
Quote from: Spider
As to the other text on this forum I find a lot of the colours wishy washy on my monitor and so not my preferred choice.

Do you see watt I ment now Oldjim.   Smiley
God
Grafter

Quote from: John_Essex
Just for you then here is the best of both worlds.

Edit:- to include missing word "you"

John, shouldn't flashing be against the rules?  Shocked
John_Essex
Grafter

If it is then all the Bright Sparks should be banned as I made their logo a flashing spark when the positive and negative wires meet up.  Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend

@tdadyslexia,
I see what you are getting at but surely that is a question of adjusting the monitor to give the correct contrast and brightness.
When the revised colour scheme options are brought in this should help a lot and I assume that the text when it is actually applied will be dynamic so that it can be increased or decreased like all the other text on the forum using Ctrl + mouse wheel (at least that is what I use on Firefox).
Regardless of other peoples monitors and eyesight I still find it simple and easy to read - however despite all the above I don't like pale colour text and much prefer black against a light colour but we seem to be stuck with a default colour scheme
How is that for facing two ways at the same time - I should be a politician  Grin