cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random disconnects

Vince600
Dabbler

Random disconnects

My connection is randomly disconneting. It's so unreliable for streaming or gaming. Had problems with my internet since day one. Hopefully open reach will upgrade cabinet soon so can at least get fibre.
9 REPLIES 9
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Random disconnects

Hey @Vince600,

I'm sorry to read about your regular disconnections on your broadband service and i apologise for the inconvenience and stress caused.

I can see a lot of disconnections as per this graph:

Can you run through our troubleshooting guides here http://goo.gl/p2tpvL .

If that doesn't help, the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket (which is under the faceplate of your master socket) and seeing if the drops stop.

This rules out your internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause of these drops.

How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the problem still persists, please can you raise a fault here https://goo.gl/T5OxaT and let us know once this has been done?

Thanks

Vince600
Dabbler

Still bad. Only disconnects while being used. Can easily see that from graph. I wish I didn't bother signing up for this. 18 month contract too! Fault web link doesn't work either
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @Vince600,

Sorry to hear the disconnections are still occurring, please try this link here. 

It will ask you to login into your account before going ahead and raising the fault. Please give us a nudge once you've completed it.

Thanks.

Dave17

Mine has been randomly disconnecting over the past 24 hours. More than coincidence that Virgin are digging up the pavements adjacent to my property.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Dave17

Thanks for highlighting this - I can see the drops in your connection but external testing isn't picking up an issue at present.

If the drops continue, I'd recommend getting your router into the test socket as shown here and then raising a fault here - though it may be worth waiting until the work has been completed by Virgin first.

Best wishes

Dave

ntpntpntp

Random disconnects seem to have started here too, over the past two or three days. It disrupts streaming internet radio and spotify etc.

There have been a couple of automated phone calls purporting to be regarding our internet connection but I'm wary of  responding to those due to lots of scams about!

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @ ntpntpntp, sorry to hear you're

I've checked the connection this side and it looks like the signal strength for your line is set too low which explains when your devices seem connected but nothing loads up or you just get buffing. I have placed an order to up your signal strength which should complete in the next hour. If you then turn the router off and then on again in a hour or later the connection should be back to normal for you. Let us know how it goes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
ntpntpntp

Thanks, it seems a bit better than last week, though still noticing occasional drops in the middle of streaming.  I'll keep monitoring...

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

No worries - @ntpntpntp

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Dave