cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSS Feeds - Service Status

Heloman
Grafter

Re: RSS Feeds - Service Status

I agree . Quicklink is ideal in something like Service Status posts.
I understand Rob's concern about liking to know where the link is taking him, but if he can't trust PN staff not to send him somewhere undesireable then he's in the wrong place  Smiley
On the other hand, Tiny URL does have a preview facility, which allows you to see where you are being sent before you click, which can be very useful.....
Colin
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
The broken links on the RSS/status feeds should now be fixed thanks to Colin.

I only fixed the webpage yesterday (as that's what was asked) - I've now fixed the backend code hopefully, so it should fix them all going forwards.
geewizz
Grafter

Quote from: Colin
going forwards.

Glad you added that. It avoids any doubt there might have been about the reversal of time.
Colin
Grafter

Well, I could have gone and retrospectively updated the database for all the old ones, but I haven't - so it's fixed going forwards, but not going backwards.
The hack I did yesterday has fixed the ones in the past.
geewizz
Grafter

Damn! You win Grin
RobDickson
Grafter

Jelv - I've never used an e-mail client that splits links, but I appreciate that there must be some that do.
Heloman - It's just a general dislike, but I'm obviously being too fussy. I do trust PN staff to post reliable links, I just like to know what site I'm going to be visiting before I visit it, so do like the preview idea.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

My wife uses the Grotty Weightwatchers Forum, that regularly cuts URL's, apart from all the other rubbish, thank goodness for a decent Forum format
a sample  and no way would that url have gone on one line
http://lhttp://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/community/mbd/threads.aspx?board_id=490&board_name=At%20Home...
ttp://ww.weightwatchers.co.uk/community/mbd/threads.aspx?board_id=490&board_name=At%20Home%20Customers&category_name=Friends%20and%20Motivation&forum_name=Message%20Boards&forum_id=1
RobDickson
Grafter

As you've pointed out, using
<a href="long URL">short title</a>
gives the best of both worlds, and will keep everybody happy.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Not if your reading it in plain text!
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobDickson
Grafter

I'm obviously on my own in this thread, so I'll just keep quiet.
Thanks for your replies.