Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REIN back with a vengeance? #100344275

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: REIN back with a vengeance? #100344275

Thats what I thought as well however that doesn't appear to be the case.
I'm having a word with someone about this shortly
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

WoW! MsDizzie,
What has been done to your line?  Cheesy
This is as about perfect as it gets - nearly too good to be true!  There is minimal variation on the SNRM generally and no discernible dark hours shift or variability, which is all good news.  28dB attenuation would lead one to expect circa 16.5Mbps synch speed, over 19Mbps is very impressive.
I'd give this a couple of weeks monitoring and if you do not see any more (or many) of those downward spikes as seen in the first graph I would consider asking PN to try a SNRM target of 3dB again.
That downward spike has a familiar shape - are you by chance anywhere near an electrified railway line? (Clutching at straws).
Really nice result!
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MsDizzie
Grafter

Nearly 2 miles from the East Coast mainline as the crow flies, so I reckon we can discount that.
Well as I think I said in my initial post, it has been good!
And for my needs at present I can't see why I should consider paying Fibre broadband prices when the line is as good as that  Wink
I think for the sake of reliability I'm happy to stick at 6dB
Just one small point, we've not looked at upload speeds.