cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REALLY slow speeds this morning

edwardw
Grafter

REALLY slow speeds this morning

Getting very slow web pages this morning, things on my phone wouldnt load so i had to switch over to 3G.
3G is much faster, are there any issues that we are aware of?
14 REPLIES 14
edwardw
Grafter

Re: REALLY slow speeds this morning

Just done a BT speed test, see attachement..
Should be getting 60/10 on this line!
edwardw
Grafter

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I really don't think this will be a factor but what is the Current Line Speed from https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Have you tried connected by wire as opposed to wireless
edwardw
Grafter

Phone exchange:
ROTHWELL
Estimated line speed:
52Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2012-12-29 10:43:45
Current line speed:
53.2 Mb

Wired is a bit better but still no where as good as it should be !
dick:quote
xist
Grafter

I didn't want to start a topic saying more or less the same thing, but today i've had the same thing happen....speeds are like walking in treacle. I've just had the first 30 seconds of a two and a half minute youtube video buffer 3 times on me. The BT Speedtester diagnostics aren't working at the moment for my line either.
PN profile is at 6MB, no lost connection or SNR blips, 20CN ADSL line, connected at Master socket. Was ok yesterday, is crippled today....
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We're taking a look into this, at first glance there's nothing obvious causing these issues.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
edwardw
Grafter

Any update?
Im still crawling along here!
Download : 0.63mpbs
Upload : 9.35mpbs
Ping : 250

Seems like u/l is ok just a downstream problem.
Thanks
xist
Grafter

Diagnostic still won't work but here's a result...

Click the image to actually see this one...

Nothing has changed at my end regarding my connection so i'm clueless and a little frustrated at the moment...
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'd strongly suggest opening a fault ticket just in case we can't find anything wrong, you can do that at faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
edwardw
Grafter

done.
Bjn
Grafter

I had a similar thing happen Tuesday evening and talked to CS and even with a direct connection to modem from PC (following CS instructions) could not connect. After awhile I could connect via modem but still very slow sub 4mb down ping over 200 on BT speedtest Tap3 test. Raised ticket via members centre. Next morning things back to normal speeds 51mb down and 9mb up and ping of 27. Did a speed test via BT speedtest which support picked up and said they could not find any fault. Not sure is it was something at my exchange Tuesday evening or if PN tweaked something their end but all back to normal. Strange other people here and other forums stating similar experiences this week?
Just thought could it be the gatway we where connected to at PN as it changed when I reconnected my modem and all went back to normal
edwardw
Grafter

I turned off router/modem for 20 mins this evening after putting up with it all day, and it seems like its back to normal now.
anyone at PN have any ideas why?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

We may have an issue with 2 end points atm which might have caused it.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
xist
Grafter

Is there any update on this at all? (and i'm assuming that this would effect a 20CN line?)
I turned my router off last night, and turned it back on again this (mid-)morning and speeds were back to normal again. Went out for the day and now it's back to a crawl...and diagnostics still won't work. In the past i've had BT engineers test my line and all's been fine both times, so i'm assuming that there's a problem with some setting or other regarding my connection rather than anything resolvable by an engineer.