cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick (simple?) query for CS staff (or anyone)

essenby
Grafter

Quick (simple?) query for CS staff (or anyone)

Have we (PlusNet that is)  lost the ability to manually adjust the PlusNet speed profile shown in the Member Centre?  I'm pretty sure that  in the past some very kind CS staff, having checked there is no real cause for it, have "bumped" mine back to more normal levels when, for some unfathomable reason, it has fallen. 
I ask because my has dropped about 0.5M recently and when you only start with 2.3M you really notice it  :(.  Although my estimated line speed is 1.5M I've been stable around 2.3M to 2.8M for quite some time with a PlusNet profile of 2.5M to 3M so I raised a ticket for some one to look at it (Ticket 45008266) but got a reply that:- 
There are no shown drops in connection on our system that would cause your speed to decrease, and nothing showing that it has decreased from our end.  . . . . . As far as I am aware we have no capability to 'nudge' the speed back up.

Is this true - am I now stuck (almost literally) at 1.8M now  Cry Cry Cry
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Quick (simple?) query for CS staff (or anyone)

We have a speed profile on our side that we can adjust, however there is no point in us doing this unless the IP profile shown on a BT speedtest has also increased.
What results does a BT Speedtest give you?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
essenby
Grafter

Thanks for the quick reply Chris,
Haven't done a BT test - but a SpeedTest.Net gave me 1.8M.  I presumed this was because the PlusNet profile was "limiting" to 2M despite a router synch of 2.8M
I'll get a BT test done tonight if the rest of the world will allow me to connect to their servers.  They get pretty busy on Friday nights for some reason.

Barrie
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Our profile should match the IP Profile shown on a BT Speedtest, the actual throughput speed you see will be the lower of these 2 values (minus overheads).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
essenby
Grafter

Ooooh - spooky !
Just checked back through som old posts and came across this:-
My BT profile appears capped at 500K - can anything be done about this?  After all - I've just synched at 2700 and PlusNet tests give me a min of 2000 and a current profile of 2500
And that was from 28/07/10  Huh
OK so the figures a slightly different - but my BT profile was lower than it had been and I was still synching at my regular rate.  Wonder if it's seasonal  Wink
Assuming my BT profile is around 2M when I test tonight - should I risk a router re-connect - or will the dratted BRAS system think it is a drop out?
Barrie
essenby
Grafter

Right - BT Test as follows:-
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1747 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :2560 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps
Now the 1747 I can understand as the profile is set to 2000 - and that accounts for the Plus Net profile as well.  But How can I get that profile raised given that I am STILL synched at 2560 Huh

Barrie
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

get your sync speed up to 2848kbps as that is what is needed to reach the next profile of 2500kbps
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm