cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question arising from. Re:Can I still get the router issued with Extra?

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Question arising from. Re:Can I still get the router issued with Extra?

When going from Home Surf to Extra I did not order a router, a Speedtouch TG585 I believe. Which version?
If I want can I still have one? Cost please.
Thanks Smiley
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
12 REPLIES 12
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Can I still get the router issued with Extra?

You should be able to get one for the price of shipping (6.99) the question is are you sure you want one?
I'd consider twice if you use VPN or gaming as it has been known to cause some issues..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Luzern
Hero

No VPN or gaming. The aged digits are not up to it! Wink
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
gyre
Grafter

The latest firmware which can be found in the library allows pptp.  That might help with vpn in some cases.
I've used the 585v7 for gaming successfully.  It is upnp that tends to make the thing unstable for me... so disabling that and opening the ports manually should cause no problems.
-- gyre --
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi lucerne,
Delivery's been reduced to £4.99 and you can either defer the cost (£39.99) so you only pay it if you leave within 12 months or you can pay it up front. If you'd like one please raise a ticket on your account (so we have a written record on there of the request) then post back and I'll get it sorted for you Smiley
Hope that helps,
Luzern
Hero

Thanks Matt Smiley
I have raised a question (33612323 )) with support for a deferred hardware cost , P&P only router,
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Lucerne,
I can see that's been picked up, sorry I should have said that as the delivery charge is a one off cost we need to take it from a credit or debit card. If you could update those details (I'll happily remove them after the delivery charge is taken) I'll get this ordered for you now, sorry for the delay.
Luzern
Hero

Hi Matt! I meant to get on forum earlier today. Customer service have my card details, and I have confirmation of payment. Dispatvh has been arranged.
All very quick and efficient Smiley
Luzern
Hero

As yet I haven't swapped over routers and am thinking is it best to wait a while.
After may switch to ADSL2+ in mid May there was no increase to put the flags out for . Current profile is 5500.
This week past some events have occurred I leave the router on 24/7 with few exceptions, but for three or so days in mid afternoon I have failed to connect to the net, even though enquiring the router has shown it connected.
Only way to reconnect has been to reboot  from the router screen.
For some reason each reboot has improved the  connection speed, with the last also dropping may noise margin from 9 to 6dBand connection up to 7543.
Apart from some dips in margin to AFAIHS to 2db and a momentary resynch  this midday without effect, all seems OK. TBH I'm a bit puzzled why these events are there.
So would it be wise or make no difference if I were not hasty with the swap?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Question arising from. Re:Can I still get the router issued with Extra?

Hi lucerne,
Things seem to have calmed down after those drops just before the weekend, as such I'd say you'll be fine to swap the routers out whenever is easiest for yourself. Hope the new one makes a difference for you.
Luzern
Hero

Thanks Matt. IP Profile should increase (?tomorrow? ), shouldn't it?
One probably stupid question  Wink is does swapping router result in a retraining period?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's jumped to 6500 already, so I've matched it on our side - was that the speed you were hoping for?
Also, no - switching the router won't mean a new training period I'm happy to say.
Luzern
Hero

Smiley