Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Hub One router

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Question about Hub One router

My router arrived today but not connected it due to active date of 6th March. Had it out of the box to do a bit of reading on it's setup but have a question about one of the buttons.

What does the WPS button actually do?, it's not very clear to me in the paperwork. I know it's Wifi Protected Setup...but does this include my wifi printer?

Thanks in advance for any answers...especially if those answers are clearer than the paperwork. 

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Question about Hub One router

Which printer do you have?

On my Canon printer, I had to press a button on the printer and then within 2 minutes, press the WPS button (or the software WPS button in the router's admin webpage) to pair the WiFi in the router to the printer's WiFi. Once done then the printer had no issues connecting to the router so that any of my devices could use it.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Sorry, forgot to mention..printer is an Epson XP-335. Works fine on the router I have now (Huawei HG633) supplied by TalkTalk. Just wondering if it'll work as good on the Hub One.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
SpendLessTime
Hero

@Pete11

I don't use the Hub One so cannot say if it will work. Only that it should Smiley

I would not foresee any issues. If in any doubt, as the Hub One is a rebadged BT Home Hub 5 Type A, you could always google that combination as more issues will have been reported for that device due to it have been around longer. The Hub One has been around for well over a year now so most issues would have been flushed out or are in the process of being fixed (40/2 fibre links are an issue if you upload a lot)

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for the help. Thumbs_Up Also been on to Epson, they told me all I have to do is replace the wireless password with the new one from Hub One in the printer settings and job done. 

And yes, my connection with PN will be 40/2 (at least, that's what I'm hoping) so will look at those past issues.

SpendLessTime
Hero

This is the thread for the 40/2 issue with uploads (it is still a known error so the current firmware doesn't fix it , a man called Bob does) https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-fibre-broadband-does-not-cope-with-uploads-and...

A bit of light reading Wink