cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: When was your Tecnicolor 582n (for fibre) delivered?

vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Question: When was your Tecnicolor 582n (for fibre) delivered?

Due upgrade to fttc next week, just wondering when others have had the router delivered. 
Don't want it to arrive thursday and post office take it back to sorting office leaving me a card.
Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
14 REPLIES 14
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Question: When was your Tecnicolor 582n (for fibre) delivered?

We would expect your router to be ordered on Monday coming according to our system rules.
This is dispatched 1st class delivery at this time, which is touted as 1 to 2 days by Royal mail. We generally advise customers to wait for the third full day after dispatch before contacting us..
Should should mean you would have the router by the end of Thursday, all things running smoothly.
vultura
Rising Star

Quote from: P
Should should mean you would have the router by the end of Thursday, all things running smoothly.

That would be good, thanks for reply.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

My install was due on Wed 3rd, I got the router on the Sat before. So plenty of time. Although I do have issues with these routers  Tongue
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: vultura
Don't want it to arrive thursday and post office take it back to sorting office leaving me a card.

IIRC it should fit through a standard letterbox so usually no need for a card from the postman.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
vultura
Rising Star

Quote from: Hairy
Although I do have issues with these routers  Tongue

Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, I have been reading about your issues and those others seem to encountering.  I seem to recall something about an OR engineer seeing one and installing a Talktalk one that he had on the van instead....
I am almost tempted to bite the bullet (as it were) and buy a new cable router to install and use instead.  There is a long thread on the BT forums - http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/List-of-Routers-to-replace-Home-Hub-3/td-p/298203, but there are so many recommendations it makes your head spin.
Quote from: w23
IIRC it should fit through a standard letterbox so usually no need for a card from the postman.

Some of the local posties are quite lazy tbh.
vultura
Rising Star

We would expect your router to be ordered on Monday coming according to our system rules.

Still showing as not ordered.....
prichardson
Grafter

Hi,
This is certainly odd. I have ordered this manually and I am looking into why this was not triggered in this morning ordering process.
vultura
Rising Star

I am looking into why this was not triggered in this morning ordering process.

Thanks, its probably simply down to the way my luck (or lack of) is of late.
vultura
Rising Star

Hmm, now the status is "Awaiting Processing".
prichardson
Grafter

This is the correct status for this order based on the time the hardware was ordered.
As indicated yesterday, the hardware was not processed automatically in the mornings shipping run. This takes place before 11am and will go in our midday order files to the warehouse.
I hit the manual order button, which does 100% the same thing the script does at 15:46 which was after yesterday order cut-off. These then queue for the next file send to the warehouse.
I have just checked the warehouse inventory and can confirm that the order is in todays dispatches and has already been allocated through the dispatch line, which includes the heat wrap process, postal sticker and then passing along through the Easysetup scanner on the way to the rear of the RoyalMail lorry.
vultura
Rising Star

So with luck it should be delivered on Thursday.  Just hope there is no leaves on the tracks....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just thought I'd check your account for the latest info on the hardware order, I can see it was dispatched around 12 hours ago.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
vultura
Rising Star

Thanks for the update Adam.
vultura
Rising Star

Just a quick update.
Router arrived today, when I arrived home from work in was in the hall.  So the package does fit standard letter boxes.
I have it installed now, put my existing DG834GT into modem only modem and so I am connected with the TG582n as I type this.