cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question #137495545 SNR and Sync

ONeill1
Grafter

Re: Question #137495545 SNR and Sync

I thought that might of been the case it after reading it from other threads and it was behaving similar on O2 as well.

Just had another resync just now with the phone line going dead as well Sad some ones playing silly beggars with it Shocked

ONeill1
Grafter

What utter rubbish yet again, because he can't see any errors or line problems he thinks it's not REIN Ticked_off yet when I made him walk around with his radio I could hear rein but he could not  Ticked_off

He did try to blame my low sync speed on me uploading to much and the help desk was blaming me for uploading to much, what utter rubbish I know what I DL and UP thank you very much, I only upload photos and that to ebay and gumtree and sync games with steam Ticked_off

He suggested if I am unhappy get plusnet to escalate it and rasie a REIN case for me, grrrr what does he not understand I told him PN could not do that but he insisted that SKY could do but and can't see why PN can't do the same.

He was the same dozzy BT engineer that came a few years ago trying to find it and he failed then, took another engineer to raise a rein case for me.

Does the graph not look like REIN, hell I can hear it on the radio, and if any thing like last time it's going to be about 200 meters up the road affecting next door again and becasue it's that far it does what it does to me.

The BT engineer like last time was very rude, very poor attitude and I for one have had enough of rude engineers and workman and would like to complain about it.

EDIT: If it's not rein then it has to be and exchange or line fault some where but hey ho we just blame the customer and NOT check the line at the exchange, cabinet or at the pole.

2016Nov27-1926-Rx_Noise_margin_(dB).jpg

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I've asked our Faults team to look into escalating this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ONeill1
Grafter

Thanks Matthew, I did already ask for a sfi/rein case but it fell on deaf ears.

ONeill1
Grafter

Something is going on or acting strange, latest speed test from TBH

My Broadband Speed Test

Single thread speed is right down and x6 seems to be up, still having those spikes, unless it's all down to the exchange but doubt it.

ONeill1
Grafter

Forget about the THB speed graph looks like thats down to the potential rein issue, to much other nighttime rein as well forced SNR down to 3dB which gave the above, as I know from last time and the sequential resync following the PN CS person test and phone call it got slapped back down to a low/slower speed. Sad

ONeill1
Grafter

Looks like we are getting some where, just had another line test and another phone call and he said there is high resistance on the line which needs looking at, this might explain why the landline cut out the other day when on the phone and why I can hear every now and again quick drops in the tone when I listen to it, so another engineer is coming so fingers cross he finds it or at least requests an rein engineer Smiley

ONeill1
Grafter

Just went again, losing broadband and phone line no tone, like it does when they do a test, so some things playing up some where Shocked

ONeill1
Grafter

Well engineer came and went and yet another arrogant engineer, he kept blaming my upload and kept insisting that I get fibre to cure my problem. Crazy2 Ticked_off

Even if it is rein getting fibre wont cure it because any body else in the neighbourhood on adsl is still going to be affected and being OAPS who live close by too I don't see why they or I should have to put up with slow speeds, low sync and high SNR. Ticked_off

He even said that the line is fine and there is no line fault, if there is no line fault then why did plusnet say there is high resistance and why have I had in the past 2 weeks 5 diconnections that are not connected to plusnet or bt where I lose broadband and lose the phone line tone completely as well, where I've also have had calls drop and line go dead when I am speaking to some one. Angry

Oh he also insisted that a line attenuation of 80 is better then line attenuation of 40 Shocked Ticked_off

2016Dec01-1947-Rx_Noise_margin_(dB).jpg

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Even if the line and conditions were perfect, anyone sticking with ADSL on a line as long as yours will be putting up with slow speeds, compared to what's available with FTTC.

ONeill1
Grafter

And another random resync and disconnect and yet still no word from plusnet support despite it being nearly 7 days from the last engineer visit, what happen to them they used to be so fast in the past with dealing with things. Undecided

I'm just going to ignore comments like that ejs, I've had enough with the stupid BT engineers, not knowing what REIN is just like last time, I wish they would just let me have there equipment and let me find it myself, despite him finding a bump in the graph on the stress test Roll_eyes

ONeill1
Grafter

@plusnet wrote:

Our suppliers have been in touch and informed us that the engineer attended but was unable to locate a fault. They have checked for any line or REIN issues. I have tested your line and can also see that everything has remained clear for a few days. I've arranged for the line settings to be adjusted to improve the speeds. Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance. If you are happy the fault has been resolved, there is no need to reply as the ticket will close automatically after 14 days. This reduces our ticket volumes and lowers our overall response time. :

How much clearer do I have to make things for people.

Stats USED to be

Sync 4100 kbps ( give or take 100 kbps)

SNR 6 dB

Line Attenuation 53 dB

Stats NOW

Sync 1991 kbps

SNR 12 dB

Line Attenuation 57.5

I know I can hear REIN on the radio and in the car radio and my graphs prove some thing is wrong, check last page and you see what my line used to be like and whats happening now.

Engineer did find a BUMP (big bump) on the stress test but says nothing it wrong, yeah right, a proper REIN train enginner would be nice so he could find the problem, or is it like last time, BT can't be bothered to do the job and find a problem like most people.

Like last time the tests where clear it took a proper REIN train engineer to find the problem which was up the road causing the problem and yes my router is showing ES/FEC/CRC/HEC error and yes they are in the 100/1000/sec/minute rate.

I wish the BT engineers and PLUSNET would STOP insisting I get FIBRE, getting fibre will not cure the problem if it is REIN, REIN still affects the copper part on fibre and I've seen when looking around instead of getting 40 mb down I will get about 15/20 for REIN is still affecting it, plus I will pay more for fibre becasue I don't have the phone with plusnet and plusnet won't do any deals.

So some help would be nice and some one that understands the problem and not just pass the buck around Cry

ejs
Aspiring Hero

I suppose you'd also like the ignore the fact that Openreach can't break down someone's door and confiscate or destroy whatever piece of equipment they deem to be the source of the REIN. Roll_eyes

Has the line attenuation actually increased to 57.5, or was that a typing mistake? Such an increase in attenuation would not be consistent with a REIN issue.

I'd also like to know if Plusnet is having to foot the bill for any of these engineer visits.

ONeill1
Grafter

Sorry ejs but I'm not going to argue with some one who likes there own view and seems to like to argue, I've dealt with a fair few REIN issues and broadband problems for family members and friends so I know what goes on and how lazy openreach can be, I did make this thread so I can talk to the plusnet staff and get there help and view on things not for any dick and dom to butt in, so at the end of the day this thread has not got any thing to do with you and only keeping it updated with the hope of the plusnet staff on here can offer there help and views.

4 broadband disconnections today and 1 phone call cut off with crackling voices

ejs
Aspiring Hero

Then this thread might as well be locked and you should continue to contact Plusnet staff directly via your fault ticket.