cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puzzled??????

Smufter
Dabbler

Re: Puzzled??????

No Andy. I get varied results at all times.
I am an early riser and am getting these low reading as early as 5am.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi smufter,
I can see we're currently dealing with your fault ticket, so we should have an update for you soon.

Smufter
Dabbler

Hopefully Chris
It's still "as bad".
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the reply on your ticket and confirming that nothing else was using you connection at the time of your speed tests. We're currently testing your line and we'll update you again pronto.
Smufter
Dabbler

Stupid question maybe, but could my choice of browser be causing this issue???
I use Firefox, and all of my speedtests have been carried out via this. Just out of curiosity I carried out a couple of tests using IE and Google Chrome. Both of these speedtests showed download speeds of just over 70Mbps.
I have been back into Firefox and disabled all of my "add ons" and "extensions" except for Flashplayer (which I need to run the speedtests) and again it is showing speeds of just over 40Mbps.
If this is the case I know the simple answer would be to use either IE or Google Chrome but I much prefer the layout of Firefox with regard my "favourites" etc.
Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
thomasjc1
Grafter

I used to get the same problem when I was on Firefox I'm on chrome now and it's fine the only thing about chrome is it does use alot of memory