cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public IP address blocked on Spamhaus

bin
Aspiring Pro

Public IP address blocked on Spamhaus

Without wishing to sound too worried - what is going on here please? I understand what it is and what it means but have never had this on an ISP DHCP address before

I was just posting a reply on the Corel forum when it came up saying my IP is blocked.

Your IP [Removed] has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=[Removed]

Followed link to Spamhaus and got this:-

Blocklist Lookup Results

[Removed] is listed in the SBL, in the following records:

SBLCSS

[Removed] is listed in the PBL, in the following records:

PBL986098

[Removed] is listed in the XBL, because it appears in:

CBL

I appreciate I could reboot router and get a new address (possibly) but it's a bit worrying that this is happening in the first place.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): IP adress removed from a public forum to an area staff can see.

2 REPLIES 2
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Public IP address blocked on Spamhaus

Maybe a mod on the forum banned u Tongue

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Public IP address blocked on Spamhaus

Dynamic IP addresses should always be in the Spamhaus Policy Block List (PBL). This is used to designate IPs which normally would not directly relay emails. The other two block lists are also email related and being on them suggests the IP was used for emailing spam, probably from a compromised computer. Once this was detected I expect Plusnet took appropriate action. In time Plusnet requests and/or absence of new reports should result in the IP being removed from the SBLCSS and CBL.

If that IP causes problems as you mentioned disconnecting from Plusnet and reconnecting to get a new IP should solve the issue.

David