Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profiles on ADSL2+

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Profiles on ADSL2+

Couple of queries for the more experienced users of ADSL2+ please  ;):-1. My connection resynched in the early hours of this morning @ 19543/1110 - how long before BTW profile updates as it still showing previous profile.
                                                                                                                                  2.  BTW Test is actually showing higher upload speed than profile -is this "normal"?
                                                                                                                                  3.  Does the PN profile still only update on a daily basis?
7 REPLIES 7
davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Re: Profiles on ADSL2+

Nobody know?? Now been up for 8.5 hours @ 19543 kbps down stream but BT profile still the same as yesterday = 16.03Mbps and PN profile lower @ 15.5Mbps Huh According to my maths my profile should be 17237 ?? Undecided
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is very odd - I suspect that there are two different profiles within the BT system which will need sorting
wo0x
Grafter

I was having a fair few power-cuts yesterday which resulted in several different sync speeds, each time I ran the BTW test afterwards the IP profile was correct for the sync speed. Plusnet profile doesn't update as fast, but if you ask nicely in the forums one of the DCT guys will usually sort it pretty quickly.
I'm also getting a higher upload result than the profile and ''max achievable speed.'' 0.83 profile, but 0.93 result... from a sync of 1143.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Didn't know that you could get a "stuck" BT profile on 21CN ...........but thats what I seem to have -still showing profile at ~16 rather than calculated 17.2+?Huh
I'll leave it til tomorrow now to see whether the line drops/resynchs -if its still up I suppose I'll have to post a ticket  Cry
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,
In theory it should be instant in changing BT side, but I was having this very conversation with them yesterday and there are a few occasions where the changes get missed for one reason or another. Try just disconnecting and reconnecting (just the PPP not resync'ing the router) and see if it changes. They've said that should work in most cases.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
davidj66
Aspiring Pro

@dave -thanks for that -my router actually dropped the session earlier this am -still showing same synch speeds (19543/1110) but all speed tests coming back higher than yesterday at  16.5-17.5 Mbps  Cheesy
HOWEVER  BTW test STILL showing profile of 16.03Mbps even tho' it measured speeds at 16.8Mbps downstream!! PN profile is now 17.2Mbps which,as Oldjim suggested yesterday,indicates that the database that PN get their profile from ,is updating-but the Further Diagnostics page on the test site isn't updating!!  Still who cares,as long as I'm getting the extra oomph! Grin
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

We are currently working on the profile updates at our side so they update more reliably.
We are currently just figuring out how often we can run the update scripts.