Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile update

Dev
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Profile update

Could PN please update my profile. I got a new router installed today and with frequent reboots the Profile has dropped. It is now stable at
Downstream Upstream

14200Kb 1171Kb
I used to have a stable sync at 18272 for the past year.
I got a Belkin N150 after my PN Dlink gave up the ghost. Trouble now is that if I try to make any changes to the default configuration including trying to set up a password, I lose the internet connection and have to revert back to factory default.
I assume PN basic configs are PPOA, VCI=38, VPI=0,vcmax.

8 REPLIES 8
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Profile update

Hi Dev,
Firstly the setting you gave are correct, except it's VC mux not max but I think you probbably meant that.
Anyway, your connection has suffered a lot of dropped connections and this has caused your BT profile to be lowered. If you are not aware of why these drops are occuring then visit here for some tips.
Below are your last 7 days connecion logs...

Jojo Smiley
Dev
Rising Star

The 4 days of dropped connection is when my old PN Dlink router stopped working, the frequent drops are me rebooting the new router trying to configure it. Wonder if PN can send me a replacement router as I am tired of the Belkin.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dev,
we can send you another router. We'd need a card registered on the account to take £4.99 for P&P. There would be no charge for the router initially and if you stayed 12 months then the cost would be waived (normally £40) Just let me know and I'll sort it for you.
Jojo Smiley
Dev
Rising Star

Can you send me the router, there is a card on my account where my payments is usually charged to. I think my contract is yearly, not sure. Thanks a lot.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dev,
I've arranged that now. You'll get an email confirming it. The router is normally there in 2-3 working days. Please allow for any delays due to the Christmas period.
Jojo Smiley
Dev
Rising Star

Thanks a lot Jojo  Cool
puddy
Grafter

Jojo
Any chance plusnet could add the session charts you show us for dropped connection/session to our tools menu in the new year?  I for one would find it useful

Kind regards
Puddy
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi puddy,
you certainly aren't the first to ask for that and I can certainly ask the question but I'm not sure how much work that would involve.
Jojo Smiley