cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile tweak request

Tabbycat
Dabbler

Profile tweak request

Hi, Could someone at PlusNet please tweak my profile?
Line Rate (as reported by Thomson TG589vn v3) is currently 71/20Mb/s (down/up, per attached).
BT Wholesale Diagnostic Results show the "IP Profile" Max Achievable Speed as 68.75/20Mb/s.
When I run www.speedtest.net (wired Ethernet) I am seeing typically 61/17Mb.
Incidentally, when first installed I was getting speeds of up to 72Mb/s, so I have suffered some degradation (perhaps additional FTTC users added to the cabinet), but irrespective of that I feel my line will benefit from a PN profile tweak.
BTW, While surfing the Internet last night, just before midnight the VDSL connection crashed - I suspect this was due to BT carrying out maintenance. I only mention this in case you check RADIUS logs and wonder why the un-graceful PPPoE disconnect event....
Thanks in anticipation.
4 REPLIES 4
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: Profile tweak request

Hi - What does your Plusnet Line Speed say here?  https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed ; (Should be close to the 68.75 down if correct)
Tabbycat
Dabbler

Hi, that was the one thing I cross-checked, but didn't post as it was close to the BTW figure. Here it is verbatim:
Estimated line speed:
     There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.
Current line speed:
      68.6 Mb
So it is pretty much same as the BTW Max Achievable Speed.
Any thoughts on what I should achieve based on this?
dick:quote
shalom2010
Grafter

If it's 68, then maybe it's a little low. Wait for Plusnet to reply or log a question on Help & Support.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Diagnostic tests are showing that the profile is currently set correctly. I see that speed tests are achieving speeds a little lower than the profile but unfortunately not to an extent where we'd be able to raise a fault with our suppliers.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team