cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile needs changing

DBrown251

Profile needs changing

My profile is 34/2 according to the BT speed test.
I am on the best plusnet service so I should be on the 80/20 profile, I have read around the internet and this has happened to many other people. Please change this.
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Profile needs changing

Hi,
I've got that order placed for you which I would expect to complete by the end of the day tomorrow.
Sorry for getting the profile wrong in the first instance.
DBrown251

Not quite.
The upload was 5mb yesterday, and now is 7mb, and the profile was 20mb both times. So I don't know if it's just 'training up' to it's speed.
Download profile is still below expected, and actual speed is at the same level as before.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The value quoted for Upstream IP Profile simply reflects the specification of the product you are on. It has no bearing on the actual upstream speed you will see. The actual speed is determined by line characteristics.
David
DBrown251

Yes. I already know that, hence why I mentioned it. If I was satisfied with just the profile being changed I wouldn't have mentioned it, the UL speed is still far below what is expected.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It's probably down to the line training to stable levels I'm afraid - if you check the speed estimate at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome you can see it's suggesting up to 45.2Mb/s downstream and up to 8Mb/s upstream - I'd hope that your downstream speed does pick up a bit but it looks like the upstream is pretty much spot on to be honest. I'm not sure there's much we could do to improve that I'm afraid.
DBrown251

The estimates on plusnet's own website were far higher.
Download hasn't changed at all since the profile was adjusted, the upload did seem to train up to what it currently is though.
How long should I leave it before I can safely say it isn't improving?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I would give it around 4-5 days and if you'd like for us to take a look at your line, you can report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net to see if there's anything we can do to improve things for you.