Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile bump question for PN staff

DBGlos
Grafter

Profile bump question for PN staff

Hi there PN
Is it possible to bump my profile to match the current line speed even though I am waiting for a BTOR engineer to attend tomorrow?  The BT speedtester has me listed at just under 10Mbps but all along PN has my profile as 0.25Mbps (even through a short-lived reverse glitch the other night when I was actually able to DL at nearly 10M).  As far as I can tell there haven't been any disconnections for almost 24 hours this time so things are looking up (famous last words).
I know BTOR are coming tomorrow but I could really do with better access this evening to do a couple of things online that are impossible to do otherwise.
Many thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Profile bump question for PN staff

Why not give the CSC a ring and ask them to do this? However it is possible that the BT backend systems also say 0.25Mbps.
David
DBGlos
Grafter

Well, my latest BT speedtester results say my IP profile is 9.58Mbps.
Do you mean that somewhere else, something belonging to BT is saying 0.25 instead?
1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download  Speed
0.25 Mbps

0 Mbps 21 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.25 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 9.58 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
0.31 Mbps

0 Mbps 0.45 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.31Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.45 Mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault.
If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results.
DBGlos
Grafter

Plus, I actually think they might be getting sick of my name popping up on their screens when I call!  Cry
mushy
Grafter

The staff dont usually patrol the forums at weekends so would normally pick it up on here on monday, probably the only way to get if lifted beforehand is by calling them
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Yes, the BT IP Profile shown there should be transferred to a back end system which notifies Plusnet and where Plusnet can check the value. If that isn't updating Plusnet won't be supplied with the correct value.
However that doesn't have to stop Current line speed being set to 9.5Mbps, the value appropriate to that BT Performance test.
David
DBGlos
Grafter

I bit the bullet and called them - they couldnt' access the test so have increased it to the max for me.  That was easy!
And nobody sighed either - bonus - I am sure they must be fed up of me by now!
DBGlos
Grafter

Done - Thank you PN!  Grin
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Has this given improved speedtest results?
If not, try disconnecting from Plusnet and reconnecting to ensure the changed profile is picked up on your account? (It might do that automatically - but best to be sure.)
David