cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Products and Packages. Help.

Hustler85
Dabbler

Products and Packages. Help.

Ok, I have been what you may call ignorant to my broadband recently or atleast to the package side of things.
I am Premium option 1, I pay £20.99 a month.
Couple of question.
Premium opt 1 seems to have vanished from plusnet and I totally forgot what I am getting. What are the specifics of this option ? Has it simply been renamed ?
I like having good speeds but I'm not a real heavy user, surfing and video watching are my frequent habbits, for the price I am paying do you think I'm on the right package ?
I am thinking about switching so I can get one of the free wireless routers, are they any good ?
All my info above, what'd you think I should do ?

Thanks in advance for any info or recommendations that you offer.
Paul
10 REPLIES 10
mherbert
Grafter

Re: Products and Packages. Help.

Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Premier (not premium ;)) as well as the other products broadband Plus and Broadband PAYG have been replaced with a new set of products called BroadBand Your Way (BBYW). Also I think you are actually paying £21.99/month unless you have a referral discount.
Your current product has not changed, its exactly as it was before with the same allowances and limits. The new product that is the closest match is BBYW option 3 which does have an optional wireless router - the BT voyager 2091 - and actually costs less, £19.99/month).
Whether BBYW option 3 is an adequate product depends on how much peak time allowance you use on your premier product. However the comparison is more difficult because BBYW peak time is 8am to midnight whereas premier is 4pm to midnight. So if you were reaching your current 20GB limit (or preching the level 1 warning @ 13GB) on premier then you are likely to go over the 20GB limit on BBYW option 3.
If however you really don;t use much peak time - and in fact if you are only using say 4 or 5GB, then BBYW option 2 may actually be better with a 8GB peak time limit (again this is 8am to midnight not 4pm as you currently have).
Make sure you read all the product particulars on the website and the T&C regarding the router supplied if you request it.
Hustler85
Dabbler

Premium, lol, no wonder I couldnt find anything on the product.
The link helped alot, thanks, it cleared alot up.
As for your advise Peter, thanks alot, it all makes more sense to me now and I'm going to go check out a few things, router t&c's and my usage etc etc and may well switch my package if I can with out any large fees.
One more thing I need clearing up, I'll probably beable to find out myself now I actual know my package, is the voip. Do I get it free with my current package and I take it I provide my own phone for this service. Like I said I'll probably find this out myself now but any info is helpful.
Thanks again you guys.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

VOIP is not free with premier if you want to call landlines but it is free calling other VOIP users.
The BBYW packages except option 1 come with inclusive VOIP minutes for landline calls and you can pay for additional VOIP usage.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Peter
BBYW option 3 which does have an optional wireless router - the BT voyager 2091

Actually that's the wireless for option 2 (though you can have it with option 3 if you want) - the default wireless option for BBYW option 3 is the 4 port Voyager 2110. Sorry to be pedantic.
Hustler85
Dabbler

Thanks for the help all.  Smiley
A few more questions that staff may need to answer as I cant seem to find info on.
Are there any contract wrangles that may stop me from switching packages, I've been with plusnet for about 4 years but did have some sort of new agreement with them when I moved about 4 months ago and is there likely to be a fee ?
Is the free wireless router available to existing customers ?
Thanks again for any further help.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

It is free to switch to the new packages and between the BBYW packages for that matter.
The router is available to existing users but you do have to specifically request it.
A recent house move will not affect or restrict you moving to BBYW.
If you went through a house move process but did not pay the full reactivation/move cost then that will be written off after 12 months from the move reactivation date. So as long as you remain for another 8 months there would be nothing to pay should you decide to migrate out after that time.
I'm not staff by the way Wink
Hustler85
Dabbler

Thanks again Peter.  Wink
I think I'll give them a call and get that ball rolling.
I didnt pay the full move cost but dont intend on moving from plusnet any time soon.
Paul
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You can request the upgrade via the portal and it should be done in a few hours. On the portal, just go to connection settings, click on upgrade and select the product you want to upgrade to.
Once that is complete, raise a ticket and ask for the wireless hardware.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Hustler85
Thanks again Peter.  Wink
I think I'll give them a call and get that ball rolling.
I didnt pay the full move cost but dont intend on moving from plusnet any time soon.
Paul

Hi there,
One thing you should be aware of if you request the router is the P+P costs of £5.99. As this is a one-off fee you will need card details on your account to process this payment.
Other than that everything should be smooth. Smiley
Regarding VOIP you do get 240 mins on Premier per month, but you get this on the BBYW products too so won't lose out.