Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product upgrade wizard - how long to raise a ticket

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Product upgrade wizard - how long to raise a ticket

Just gone through the upgrade wizard to change from BBYW1 to Value but still no email or ticket appeared
How long does it usually take - if something has gone wrong do I need to do it again
19 REPLIES 19
Lurker
Grafter

Re: Product upgrade wizard - how long to raise a ticket

Did you find any mention of an 18mth contract during the product change journey?
PS: No need for everybody to link to *other* places where I could read about the change in contract term, I'm specifically referring to the product change journey, for a customer who just clicked the link whilst logged in, and wanted to look at the effect of changing products as they went through the journey.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Jim, I don't believe you get an email until you've actually changed on your billing date. That's happened to a couple of people on the forum IIRC.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Lurker
Grafter

Surely there will be some for of contact, to remind you of your rights under distance selling etc, statutory cancellation periods, and the minimum term of contract that you've committed to.
I can't imagine PN would simply process the change without reminding people of their rights, and clarifying what they have signed up to. Smiley
dvorak

Lips_are_sealed
Customer / Moderator
Oldjim
Resting Legend

@James_G
No mention of 12 month or 18 month contract.
However when I finished there were a number of links I didn't check including get a new router which may have mentioned it
@adiewoo
seems odd as there is no indication in the ticket system that I asked for the change
Lurker
Grafter

Hmm, so it seems that you could easily be an existing customer, who has signed up for a new product via the 'Change Product' link, and you would not at any time be made aware that your notice period had changed from 30 days to an 18month minimum term...
At least we know now how to leave with just 30 days notice if we want to. - Just point out the above and explain that you weren't aware of a new term, and PN didn't tell you, so it can't be upheld. Grin
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

OK, give me 5 minutes and I'll do an account change to see what's going on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Time up  Wink
Chris
Legend

Sorry got distracted Wink
Anyway I went through an account change on our staging platform.
The contract length is given, in the terms and conditions when you have to state that you've read and understood them.
Plusnet Broadband price terms
1. All prices quoted in these Plusnet Broadband price terms include VAT except where it says otherwise.
2. All Plusnet Broadband options have a minimum period of 18 months, except Plusnet Pro which has a minimum period of 12 months. A new minimum period will apply to Plusnet customers who change to a Plusnet Broadband Products Family on or after 17th February 2009 unless the change relates to an offer in which case the offer minimum period will apply.

In my opinion it needs to be clearer so we'll look at getting that on the summary page too.

With regards to the notification, unfortunately I forgot that staging won't send me a confirmation email so I can't check that. However looking at your account Jim, it shows a closed ticket that you have requested the change and there is also a marker in our backend system to perform this change on the correct date.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Lurker
Grafter

Why is the contract length buried beneath phone terms and conditions (which have no relevance whatsoever)?
Having now had it pointed out to me, I can see it. Smiley
Could you just clarify a little more on how PN confirm to the customer that they have committed to the new contract, including informing them of their rights please.
As an aside:
Why hasn't anybody from Plusnet ever taken a look at the product change journey to make sure that the included hyperlinks work?
What happened to change control?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Chris,
I must be going blind - I could have sworn that I checked closed tickets and missed it completely  Embarrassed
Chris
Legend

I've managed to get a mock-up from the guys sorting this. The contract length reference is going to be on the same page as the T&C confirmation, but in the summary details further up the page. I've attached a screenshot to show you.
dvorak

Much better  Smiley
Customer / Moderator
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Chris,
I assume that this would show 12 months not 18 months unless you have opted for the router or free house move