cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product or Service on the line Incompatible with Broadband

Dirtylibrary
Hooked

Product or Service on the line Incompatible with Broadband

I’ve recently placed an order for Broadband with Plusnet, and tomorrow on the BT dslchecker website, says an open order is due to be complete tomorrow (13th feb 2018 ).

Above it though, says that a product or service is on the line and is incompatible with broadband.

After reading about this, it says that the product will be cancelled until the incompatible product has been removed. I don’t have a clue what this means? And could really do with having my broadband finally activated. Could anyone shed any light on what I can do?
4 REPLIES 4
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Product or Service on the line Incompatible with Broadband

Hi,

has the line been used for broadband before? Were you the account holder ? 

if so then this may be an error  or it may indicate that the previous broadband service hasn't been cancelled by the previous broadband provider , perhaps because plus net hve not instructed them to do so, or because of an error in the ordering process. 

if the line wasn't previously used for broadband it may have been used for an alarm service . This would potentially prevent the installation of broadband .

there are also older , legacy phone products , such as party lines, a system where two properties shared one phone line but each property had individual phone numbers . The required hardware made it impossible for broadband to work, and it if still exists then it would need to be removed before a new broadband service can be installed.

Whatever it is you need to call plus net to find out what's going on .

good luck.  

Dirtylibrary
Hooked

The line has been used before, with sky broadband around 2 years ago. It was all cancelled.

I spoke to someone today from Plusnet and they said the service would be live by midnight tonight. Although it defo said on the BT website that it wouldn’t? So I’m confused.

Also, the light for my broadband has stopped flashing green and is now a solid green. Although the internet light is still a solid red. I’m confused!
kjpetrie
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

The solid green light means you have DSL synchronised. The solid red light means you are not logged in to the broadband service. That is either because PN are still setting it up or because your router hasn't been given the correct user name and password. When the service is fully active you enter those into your router and it should connect.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

From what I can see your connection is working?

Let us know if you're still having issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team