cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? Product change

birdman
Grafter

? Product change

I am currently on BBYW Option 1 (Force9) with a bandwidth limit of 2GB. Mainly surfing and emails, with routine downloads of updates.
I anticipate that my bandwidth needs will be increasing slightly soon (with occasional tutorial and social networking videos), and 2GB will no longer be enough. As I see it, I have two options:-
a) Stay on BBYW 1 and increase limit to 4GB - total cost £9.99 + £2 = £11.99/month.
b) Change to PN Value (10GB limit) - total cost £11.99/month.
I am on a Market 1 exchange. It seems a little strange that these two options cost the same, yet one gives me 4GB and the other 10GB. On the face of it, it would seem to be a 'no-brainer' but I feel that perhaps I may be missing something. Can anyone say whether I would be disadvantaged in any way by changing to Value? As an existing customer, would I still get 3 months introductory price of £5.99?
My brain is sore from chopping about from one page to another on the portal trying to do a comparison, so I hope someone here can help.
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: ? Product change

Why not try running with BBYW Option 1 but don't add extra usage in advance.
If your usage is always over 2GB then I would change to Value but if it fluctuates under and over 2GB then it may be more cost effective to stay on BBYW1
Just to add - I would wait and see if any of the legacy products offer ADSL2+ speeds. If, by some miracle, they decide to offer the higher speeds on the BBYW products then it would be a no brainer to stay on it providing your line will give you speeds higher that 8Mb
birdman
Grafter

Re: ? Product change

Yes oldjim, I have been thinking along those lines too, but wondered whether to make the change during this billing period so I don't get caught on the hop. The truth is I'm not sure how much additional bandwidth I am going to need. The tutorial videos I am anticipating are each fairly short, but a trial last month really ate into my allowance. I suppose it is going to depend on how frequent/numerous they will be. But then I can always download them overnight free.
As for ADSL2+, the exchange checker reports:-
BT have advised that no current planned date for WBC on 21CN exists

Whatever that means Roll_eyes (poor grammar).
In any event, I'm so far from the exchange that I can only get 1meg now so I'm not sure whether I would get any improvement with ADSL2+.
Like you say, it's probably best to see how it goes and make informed decisions then. Thanks for your input.