cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change journey

cajef
Grafter

Re: Product change journey

I am also having problems on switching to the Value package today firstly I receive this email :-
Your product change is now complete, here are the details:
This is your account type, monthly subscription and contract length. You contract will end on 12-09-2010.  Broadband Product Plusnet Value
Monthly Subscription £5.99
Contract 18 Months

When I requested and was assured it would be  a 12 month contract, and now on checking my Account details despite being on a Market 3 exchange it states:-
'13/03/2009 BPxxxxxxxx  Plusnet Value with included 10GB bandwidth £11.99(monthly)'

I have raised a ticket but can someone look into this and make sure it is corrected.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@Jameseh
I have noticed that as a result of your intervention on my product change, a Service Notice has appeared (ID: SN66098970) for switching my Home Phone product.
Would it not be a simple process to manually remove the scheduled change to the phone package and allow the broadband product change to go ahead, as this latter change is treated separately under Question ID: 28161069?
PS Hope you have a relaxing long weekend, however you spend it. Personally, if I could take time off I would get out my bike and find some hills, but unfortunately it's too close to financial year end and too many projects to complete.
My other car isn't a Ferrari
maranello
Pro

@Jameseh
I promised to give you a reminder when my Product Change had gone through, so I hope you see this and can work your magic on the non-standard parts of the change process.
From the ticket responses and service notices, it appears that the product change has gone through. The notification email still says 18 months contract rather than 12 months, and the Account Details quote £11.99 not £5.99. Advance notice of my DD payment and latest invoice is only for £9.75, so it looks like there is no charge included for BB, just phone. The phone package has been switched to Evening and Weekends, and needs to be switched back to Anytime.

PS - I have now had email notification of the £5.99 charge for Value, so I guess I was being a little impatient. I will wait a while longer to see if  the referral discount is applied. I have also switched the firewall back on as one of the service notices which appears to be associated with the product change turned this off.
PPS - Also I can't set a Data Transfer Watch to less than £11.99 even though my subscription is only £5.99. If I set to £11.99 will this effectively cap my usage to 10GB, or will it allow up to 6GB additional usage?
coastergrotto
Grafter

@maranello:
Reference your query about referals.  I changed to Unlimited on Saturday and noticed that my bill made no allowance for my referals so I raised a ticket and received this response:
We currently have a problem where referrals discounts are not being discounted on your standard invoice as they should. We are working to resolve this however in the mean time we will be manually the referrals amounts after the invoice has been paid.

My direct debit has not been collected yet so I'm waiting to see if my referal discount has been taken into consideration.
James
Grafter

Hi Maranello,
It looks like you haven't been billed for the excess for the Anytime+ product, as I can see on your last invoice, the Home Phone subscription payment was for £9.75, which is also the case on your pending invoice.  As you've also alluded to, the charge for your broadband is £5.99, so that's also good.
You've also already been changed onto a 12 month contract.
Regarding the data trasfer cap, it'll give you an extra 6GB of data if you restrict it to £11.99.
My long weekend was very nice thank you Smiley
@ Coastergrotto - We picked up on this on Friday: http://portal.plus.net/support/service/problems/problem.php?intProblemId=55796
maranello
Pro

It looks like you haven't been billed for the excess for the Anytime+ product

I would hope not!
If you recall, I was transferred from Anytime (not Anytime+) to Eve & Weekends as part of the change to Value, you were going to arrange for the phone package to be reverted back to Anytime once the change had gone through.
James
Grafter

Ah sorry!  I've confused you with someone else. Smiley
I'll get it done straight after lunch.
maranello
Pro

Thanks James.
It's great that  you're around to sort out some of the problems caused by the inflexible Product Change tool, I (and I suspect a fair few others) appreciate what you have done.
As for confusing me with someone else, don't worry about it, I've just got one of those faces..... Roll_eyes

PS the change to AnytimePlus (from E&W) has already happened, can it be changed back as quickly?
maranello
Pro

Like my commute to work this morning, my product change has hit a few potholes.
The good news - the change to Value from BBYW1 occurred on the billing date, price confirmed in the ticket response as £5.99 (Market 3) and for a 12 months contract.
The bad news - phone package has changed from Anytime to Evening and Weekends, initially, then to Anytime+. On my open ticket I requested the change back to Anytme, but the response from CSC still only mentions a switch to Anytime+. The fix for this was originally estimated as taking 24-48 hours, so should have happened right around now.  It hasn't. The only saving grace is that I haven't (yet) been invoiced at the Anytime+ rate.
James
Grafter

Grr.  Before I start thinking I'm going mad, we did talk about this a couple of days agao didn't we?
maranello
Pro

We did Indeed. I was feeling confident that this would be rectified after your involvement, but my faith in the CSC to follow through appears to be misplaced.
James
Grafter

Me too!
It wasn't the CSC - It looks like our developer chose the wrong Anytime!  I should be able to get it fixed fairly quickly, leave it with me.
maranello
Pro

Thanks James. I'll try to be a little more patient, and not jump to conclusions Embarrassed
maranello
Pro

I've discovered a few more wrinkles on my account that appear to coincide with the product change.
1.  I was billed for 17p on my phone package for the short period when my phone was on Evening and Weekends. I'm not too bothered by this, except,
2.  I have not received my referral bonus for this month, so I'm down by 42p in total. I'm still not that fussed TBH, since,
3.  I have not been billed for Caller Display, so in total I am better off by £1.05.
So I bought donuts for my colleagues (Asda, 10 for £1).This could become a regular occurence. Until that is, someone at PN notices this post.
James
Grafter

Hiya Smiley
Let me know if you're not billed for caller display this time next month and in return I'll fix your referral Wink
Being serious though, we've got a problem open on referrals atm which has meant that referrals haven't been creditted against invoices this month, but they will be next month, so you'll get a little bit extra off next month than you normally would.