Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change journey

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Product change journey

Quote from: Mand
To follow on what James has said, if you are an Anytime customer (the legacy product) you'll need to contact the CSC for the time being to change product.

I raised a ticket (28032194 ) requesting  a move from BBYW2 to Value. Having read that there have been problems with legacy Homephone Anytime I pointed out that this was the product that I was on and requiring that it did not change. Despite this, a procedure was initiated to move me to Anytime+. CSC has spotted the problem and prevented the change from occurring but my broadband product move has now stalled as I am told that CSC is waiting for  "developers to correct this issue, after which we will process your requested changes".
James
Grafter

I think I should have fixed this by using our old account change tool, rather than the new one.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

The good news is that I got moved to Plusnet Value on my billing date.
The bad news is that :
1) I have been emailed that I am on a 18-month contract when I specified a 12-month one.
2) Despite what I mentioned above my Homephone package has been changed to Anytime+ when I specified that it must remain Anytime.
3) The Broadband Firewall was turned off as it seems happens whenever changing product
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74679.0.html
alanf
Aspiring Pro

...continued from above
4) I have just received a invoice notification for £14.65 for Anytime+ but no invoice so far for Value.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Would someone from Plusnet please deal with the errors made in migrating me to a new product (see above). It's over 30 hours since I pointed them out on ticket 28032194  and there has been no response of any sort. Any further delay and the incorrect direct debit will be taken.
James
Grafter

Hi Alan,
It looks like a lot of this is my fault Sad
Contract length - it doesn't happen automatically, so I've just changed this now for you.
Product change.  I believed that by using our old tool, I would be able to merely change your broadband product without impacting your home phone product.  It appears that I was wrong and I'm truly sorry for the extra hassle.  Regarding the payment that has been lined up for Direct Debit, I'm afraid that I'm unable to prevent that amount from being taken, but once payment has gone out I will of course refund.
I'm happy to give you a ring to discuss if you would prefer.
Again, I'm very sorry for the added grief that I've caused.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Jameseh

Yes please.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

In trying to avoid the problems that alanf  has described above, I have attempted to move to Value via a ticket request to the CSC (ID: 28103477). The request was submitted on Monday (9th). Apart from daily responses from CSC that the ticket is 'being investigated', I am no further on with the change. I was hoping that this would be fixed in time for my next billing date (March 21), but I'm gradually losing confidence that this will happen.
My other car isn't a Ferrari
James
Grafter

Hi Maranello,
Currently we have no functionality to move you onto the new products with the Anytime phone package.
However, what I can do is move you onto the new products with Evening and Weekends and then get a developer to change your service back to Anytime.  It might take 24-48 hours, but it's an option if you'd like to take it.
maranello
Pro

Yes please. Smiley That's what I was expecting to happen when I raised the ticket.
Is there any risk that it won't be possible to move me back to Anytime?
James
Grafter

No risk.
Will sort now Smiley  You'll need to give me a shout on your billing date though - I'll have to raise a task to a developer and also sort out your contract length.
maranello
Pro

Thanks James.
My billing date will be a Saturday (21st March), and I'll be away for that weekend, so I'll post you a reminder on the 23rd.
James
Grafter

Thanks.  I've put your ticket on hold until then with instructions on what to do once the account change has been completed.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Jameseh

Thanks for the phone call. I see that I am now on the correct phone product, you have assured me that I am now on a 12-month contract and a DD is pending for the broadband service. As discussed I await a refund for the phone service as soon as you receive the overpayment.
I notice that I have only 224 minutes of calls remaining despite having made just 3 minutes of calls in my latest billing period. Is this because I was moved back to Anytime a couple of days into the month and the allowance has been set in proportion to the number of days remaining? I don't imagine that this will be a problem for me but for heavier users moved back later in the month this could be an issue.
James
Grafter

Hi Alan,
I suspect that like you say, it's a pro rata amount of minutes for your time remaining in the month.
Had meant to tell you that your product had changed to the right one but forgot!  Undecided