Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Refresh

mal0z
Grafter

Re: Product Refresh

Thanks Spider for the links.
One of the best posts I saw was from carrot 63 on www.ispreview.co.uk
"The ASA (or another agency) really ought to have something to say about this "price X for 3 months then price Y" but where the lower price is written large as if that is the long term charge. It's fundamentally dishonest and however sharp eyed you are it will catch you for time to time. They should be forced to state the average monthly cost over the whole contract period and print that large. Fat chance though..."

All these headline options, small print options etc etc make it very difficult if not impossible for the average user to work out the cheapest deal.
Although far from perfect - what we need is something like the APR interest rate schemes.
Nothing personal against PN - as they are just trying to compete with other ISP's some of whom are very devious - so maybe we should all lobby our MP's to get the law changed.

Spider
Grafter

Quote from: mal0z
Although far from perfect - what we need is something like the APR interest rate schemes.

Seems we are thinking on similar line but you posted first. Will all the different variations I think it should be compulsory to show the average monthly charge over the set contract period. Now Plusnet don't have to wait for a change in regulations they could be a leader of this new approach. So that is the gauntlet thrown, will Plusnet pick it up?
techguy
Grafter

I think these products are here to stay as BT is now in the driving seat I reckon
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I have only just signed up to the 3pound discount, and 1.99 home phone discount, but due to billing errors on PlusNets part, no discounts have yet been actioned, so I have asked to be released from my obligations in a further 12 month contract. I presume the answer will be no, but I can but try. I do hope plusnet will honor my request, I am not saying I am going, but would like some breathing space to make a decision, given the current product refresh, and contract terms....
mal0z
Grafter

Join the club - I signed up in December to the deal, and have had billing errors ever since  Angry
effectively PN have broken the contract by charging you incorrectly.
Use the Direct Debit guarantee on your bank if you wish ?
will these new deals be error free on the billing front ? ?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

[Moderator's post by Jim (Oldjim) I have split off the discussion about Press Releases etc.
Can you please continue that discussion in the split off thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74163.msg588748.html#msg588748 mod:end
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

It seems that things are terminal.
Both this thread and ultimately for Plusnet.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Oldjim
Resting Legend

Surprisingly I was discussing the new packages with one of my referrals today (on a 10 mile ramble in the New Forest - isn't it nice to be retired) and he was very keen on the new package and wasn't at all bothered about the 18 months tie in. Going from Option 1 10GB (I already got him on that) to the new economy version seemed a very good idea given the cost saving.
If that is anywhere near typical we might be surprised by the result.
One thing about the new unlimited package the speed restrictions on P2P etc. will keep away the real download hogs ao it might even be a viable business plan. We can only wait and see.
mal0z
Grafter

Well - maybe the people that retired on VERY generous packages in the last 15/20 years and now having a very comfortable lifestyle can afford such things - and 2 or 2 foreign holidays and cruises etc etc . - but many folk aren't so lucky
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I should be so lucky - walking with the Ramblers' Association costs chickenfeed and the fact that I live in Dorset is a big advantage
techguy
Grafter

Think the BT suits don't really care all that much as Plusnet will grow but I see frequent additions of central/MSIL bandwidth required as the pipes get choked but of course that'll be just like all the rest but the eew customers will all be locked in for 18 months so even if the service degrades and they want out they'll have to pay up so BT will get their money anyway.
So yes Axis I agree, I think the thread has reached its end.
Spider
Grafter

I don't think this thread as quite reached its end yet as their are still some outstanding questions waiting to be answered.
terminal
Grafter

what happens if you are currently an LLU'ed customer and move to one of the new products? Do you get the market 3 discounted price (assuming your exchange is market 3)? are you moved off LLU onto a BT product?
pnf
Grafter

Clearly BT are driving this with their typically 'complicated' marketing practices.  I moved from BT phone to PlusNet phone last year when I was outraged by the sneaky marketing that came along with BT's price changes.  Marketed as one thing (free weekend calls), it was only when reading the small print that you knew you were going to pay a lot more.  PlusNet need to be up front about the naming and the costs of their products and not make people wade through small print in order to find out the true costs and the meaning of words like 'Unlimited' and 'No Limits'.  I've always valued Force9 and PlusNet for their clarity and openness but, since BT took over, the waters have been getting murkier.  PlusNet need to remind themselves why their existing customers came to them in the first place.
I joined Force9 as a result of a recommendation and have recommended them to others since.  The products and their prices were straightforward and clearly priced.  I'm happy on my current product for the time being and so don't need to change but if I did need to change I would never sign up for an 18 month contract.  Neither would I recommend an 18 month contract to anyone.
I wonder what will be in the pipeline, I'm getting a very uncomfortable feeling about the direction PlusNet is going in.
PS:  Why isn't this thread in Product / Service Announcements?
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: techguy
[...] but I see frequent additions of central/MSIL bandwidth required [...]

To be fair, Plusnet have been doing this of late - a pipe segment a week on average.