Grafter

Re: Product Refresh summary

It's a fairly simple product change.
PM me if you'd like to change though:)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

just done the product change for a referral and despite following the new system to the letter
[Support Wizard Journey]
[12 month contract (no included hardware or free house move)]
[Account Management]
[Change or Upgrade Your Product]
I received the following response
Thanks for your interest in our new product range. Your account has now been scheduled to change on your next billing date.
Our new products also carry a new set of Terms and Conditions, which you can find on our website here:
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html
Please be aware that your completion of product change signifies an acceptance of these terms, and your new 18 month contract will begin from the product change date.
Why isn't this fixed.
Ticket number Change My Product | ID: 28063858
James
Grafter

It's not an easy fix.
When the account change happens, you're moved onto the new product.  Which has an 18 month contract period.
Then we have to manually recontract you for 12 months.  The system doesn't know at the time of the product change that you're goping to be making a manual change to the contract length.
I don't think this is realistically going to be fixed as the ticket text is technically correct.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

James,
The ticket response is just not right.
I followed the prescribed route which offered the option of 18 months with the addons and 12 months without them.
How can it be technically correct to advise that I have just started an 18 month contract
Please be aware that your completion of product change signifies an acceptance of these terms, and your new 18 month contract will begin from the product change date.
grahamt
Rising Star

At the top of this thread Mand stated:
Quote from: Mand

Existing customers have the following options:
(...)
- Recontract on your current product (£3 off for 12 months subject to a 12 month contract)

I recently (March 1st) tried to do this, via the 'Save' page. I'm on BBYW1 (with a bit of paid-in-advance extra usage allowance). But I've just been sent the following message - from Mand, of all people!
==========================
Username gsthomas
We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support
Centre has now closed Question number [ 28016920 ].
The following comment was added to the Question
Dear Mr Thomas,
Thanks for your interest in our recent special offer.
Unfortunately we are unable to apply this to your account at present, as the
offer was tailored to certain products and services, of which your current
product was not included.
=============================
Have I misunderstood something? Why can't I take out a 12-month contract on my existing BBYW1 product and get the £3 discount? I thought the discussions here had made it clear that this was allowed.
Graham
James
Grafter

Hi Graham,
Give me 5 minutes and I'll reply to your ticket.
grahamt
Rising Star

Thanks. You'll have to reopen it, as it was closed by Mand's reply (if it had still been open I would have commented on it privately).
[Edit, five mins later] Thanks for the response, James. It looks like it's all sorted now.
Graham
[Moderator's note by Adie (Adiewoo):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]
tstaddon
Rising Star

Hi,
Is there any chance of you providing, somewhere on the site, a comparison chart for ALL the domestic and business broadband packages, including legacy packages, so we can see exactly what we're getting for the money?
There is one for the business packages on http://www.plus.net/business/broadband/ but I can't find one for home broadband. 
I'm on BBYW with 15GB allowance, £14 a month or thereabouts, don't use or need the IP phone service, and I'm lucky if I get 640k downstream.
Plusnet Unlimited option => a 3 month cost saving, and removal of the usage limit although I rarely go above 15GB in a month anyway for obvious reasons.
Plusnet Pro appears to offer the exact same service as what I'm already getting now with my BBYW package, but it costs £5 a month more.
Business Broadband Teleworker is cheaper than PN Pro, but offers lots of functionality I don't need.
Or, I can stick with the current product.
To the layman, this doesn't make a lot of sense - on what basis would I even bother to look at the Pro option?
James
Grafter

Hi,
Pro isn't the same as BBYW.  With Pro, all traffic is prioritised, whereason BBYW various differerent traffic types, such as P2P/Usenet, will run slower due to the fact that their traffic is prioritised beneath the likes of web and email.
To me it sounds like you're probably already on the right product for your needs.
fareys
Dabbler

Angry
Raised a ticket yesterday asking to move to Option 2 (currently on Option 1 but the kids keep exceeding the usage) - had this reply from Lee:
'The reason you are unable to upgrade to the option is we are no longer offering that as a product as we have 3 new packages out which you may wish to look at via the PlusNet website.'
I haven't seen/heard anything to say I can no longer do it.
adie:red CSA name modified]
James
Grafter

I'll pick this up - Give me a few minutes.
James
Grafter

Hi Fareys,
You'll move onto Option 2 tomorrow, your next billing date.
fareys
Dabbler

Thanks ,
Did you also sort the £3/month, 12 month tie-in ?
It's bad enough that it's not one of the options offered by the Upgrade wizard but to refuse when a ticket is raised.....
Customers should haven't to resort to posting on the forum to get a service they are entitled to.
James
Grafter

Yep, that's been done.
I think you're being a touch harsh on Lee.  When the product refresh first happened, customers weren't able to change amongst the BBYW product, which was changed shortly afterwards.
It was just a genuine mistake.
daviddoc
Grafter

Hi dont know if on right site.
Today i moved onto the £5.99 product with a 12 month contract.
I just received a e-mail saying i was on a 18month contract and being charged £9.75.
i AM IN MARKET3 SO SHOULD BE OK .
I told them in advance and was assured a note would be attached to my account so all would be ok.
Have sent  a ticket in so will let you know what happens.
What do you have to do to get them to get it right first time
Daviddoc