cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Refresh summary

Nick_Russell
Grafter

Re: Product Refresh summary

The Product Refresh post now has over 1,100 replies - surely a record?
Come on Plusnet, why not just admit you have made a mistake and redo the refresh. The single most important issue seems to be the 18 month contract. Also reduced extras from the old BBYW.
It takes a big man to admit they got it wrong.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This had better not be correct http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/showthreaded.php?Board=plusnet&Number=3584957
Hi
This month I exceeded my usage by 0.34 Gb. Can't argue about that!
Received from PN an email advising me that I would be charged £2 for another 2 Gb usage. Checked my VMBU which confirmed that I had exceeded my limit but also says that I would incur a charge of £1.22 for exceeding my monthly limit; anyway due to my confusion I raised a ticket for clarification and got the following reply:-
Sorry for the confusion here, it seems the VMBU has not been updated from when we did the product refresh at the beginning of last week. All accounts are now charged at £2 per 2gb if you go over the usage to bring it in line with the new products.
I hope this clears things up for you.
Spider
Grafter

I agree and wait for confirmation that it is not. Just checked the Member Center and it still says 98p per GB on BBYW  options 2, 3 and Pro (£1.22 option 1 & Essential) so that it what I would expect to pay.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: Nick
Come on Plusnet, why not just admit you have made a mistake and redo the refresh. The single most important issue seems to be the 18 month contract. Also reduced extras from the old BBYW.

There have been opinions raised here that a 6 month or 12 month lock-in may be reasonable for switching products. I have to nail my flag to the mast and say that I do not consider ANY LOCK-IN to be reasonable for switching products unless there is a freebee thrown in. The current situation is completely unacceptable to me and if I need to change products, I will leave rather than accept a lock-in.
BTW, I read in today's Sunday Times that BT have now imposed ROLLING 12 MONTH CONTRACTS on their customers. Unless the customer moves to another provider on completion of the 12 month contract, they automatically renew the 12 month term. Quite outrageous!  Angry
Oldjim
Resting Legend

At least the BT unlimited weekend plan doesn't have a 12 month lockin - yet
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayCategory.do?categoryId=CON-HOME-PHN-R1
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Thats probably because BT think they will make it worse within the 12 month and cant if it is in a 12 month contract  Grin Grin
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Post over at TBB
Hi
Customers on BBYW products will have extra usage added in 1GB increments, exactly as you would have done before the product refresh.
Sorry for the confusion caused by our support team. We have a problem raised (currently in testing) regarding the email content being incorrect.
If you'd like to PM me the ticket number I'll go get the bat. wink
Kind Regards,
Mand Beckett
Plusnet Comms Team

Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
This had better not be correct http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/showthreaded.php?Board=plusnet&Number=3584957

It's not, though the content in the email did incorrectly state this. The fix for that problem is currently being tested, and I've clarified with the guys here that BBYW usage remains as is.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

This is what worries me about moving to value
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74056.msg587766.html#msg587766
I realise the ADSL2+ is still a trial,. and hopefully I will be moving to this shortly on BBYW2, but I and I am sure others would welcome some stance from you.
atbs1
Grafter

I would say that you should not change to one of the new products as you do commit to a minimum 12 month contract - and there is nothing in the new products that would allow you to move WITHOUT PENALTY to ADSL2.  In my case the local exchange will not be enabled for years to come - so no concerns there then!
Heloman
Grafter

Changing to the new Value service would be very attractive for me were it not for the 12/18 month contract.
Well into my 70's, and have COPD (Google it, but basically lung problems). I hope to last for years yet, but only need to get a respiratory  infection for that to be just weeks.
SWMBO doesn't/won't/refuses to use a computer, and the last thing I want would be for her saddled with paying 12/18 months subscription.
I've studied the Ts & Cs, but can't find any help there.
I'll stick with paying more than I need  to keep a monthly contract, just for peace of mind..
OK, I accept that PN wouldn't have considered such a scenario.....
pierre_pierre
Grafter

perish the thought, but in the monster some where,  PN stated they dont chase contracts in those cases  - best of luck, hope you do last the 12 month,  moving over if you dont want a modem is only 12 month
James
Grafter

Hi,
I certainly never wanted to post our policy on this, but it's a reasonable question.
If we received a copy of the death certificate (for deferred contracts or fixed term contracts such as the 12/18 month on) we would write off those contracts.  If it's just a 30 day notice period, we'd just ask for a letter to be sent in.
From my perspective, we're pretty reasonable, but wow, not having any form of fixed term contract because you have health worries, that's pretty nasty Sad
Heloman
Grafter

Thanks, James.
Comes a time when we all have to think about things like this, and I know many people in similar situations. You'd be surprised!
It's the reason I don't use PN Home Phone, because it all has to be done on-line. There is no paper bill option.
I do all my banking, utilities etc on-line, but still have to maintain the old-style paper back-up.
But don't be too concerned. I'll probably still be annoying you for many years  Smiley
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

hi,
existing BBYW2 here.
how do i take up this option?
Recontract on your current product (£3 off for 12 months subject to a 12 month contract)

thanks.