cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with current supplier with move to plusnet

scotslass86
Grafter

Problems with current supplier with move to plusnet

This isn't strictly a plus net issue but wondered if anyone may have experienced similar problems when moving broadband before, i have my service with talk talk at the moment, i've just spoke to them about clearing any outstanding balance as they messed up a direct debit last month they told me that my request to transfer service is being treated as a cancellation of service and that i now can be cut off at any time, i asked if they will wait until the transfer is complete and they said 'don't know' if they cut my service will this affect my move to plus net? can they do this? or are they just trying to be difficult, because its still going to be about a week before the transfer is complete i think, im worried i may be left without any service at all, any advice or experience would be appreciated  Sad
6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Problems with current supplier with move to plusnet

Indeed they are being difficult as is well documented in this forum from many similar cases.
Hopefully others here who have experienced it can offer much needed help.
Meanwhile I have moved the thread to Broadband and Routers to raise it's profile.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
scotslass86
Grafter

thank you, yeah it seems like ive had nothing but problems with customer service at TT, thanks for moving the thread Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

TT are breaking OFCOM rules, but they dont seem to care, you could also loose your phone number, Sky some times do similar
scotslass86
Grafter

Hi, my phone is with BT just BB with talk talk so hopefully the phone switch will go ok, just talk talk being difficult, if they do cut me off mid transfer will i still be able to move to plus net? does the move usually take the full week estimated, router arrived today.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately if the connection is ceased the migration will fail, as there'll be no service to migrate. This will also mean that we'll need to charge you the connection charge for providing a new service - as we're charged this by our suppliers it's not something we can absorb I'm afraid.
I've had a look online to see if I can find anything about stopping a talktalk cease, unfortunately there wasn't anything immediately available but if I come across anything I'll update.
scotslass86
Grafter

thanks, fingers crossed then really, and hope the plus net is activated as soon as possible