cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with TV & Blu-ray Apps

jonne80
Dabbler

Problems with TV & Blu-ray Apps

I have  a peculiar problem where streaming is not working on any of the apps on my TV, apps like Lovefilm, iPlayer, shows me the available TV shows and movies, but when I click play, it does not do anything, just shows the progress but the video never starts, does not display the length of the video either, dont know if something is blocking the Streaming Media protocol. I am connected on wireless and this used to work before, its the first time I am experiencing this.
Has anyone experienced the same thing today? My TV is LG & my Blu-Ray is Sony, both shows similar symptoms.
Thank you,
John
4 REPLIES 4
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Problems with TV & Blu-ray Apps

Hi John,
We can't replicate the issue you're experiencing. Can you plug a computer/laptop directly into the router via an Ethernet cable and run a speedtest at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ including further diagnostics?
Please bear in mind that using wireless can result in lower speeds due to how the technology works.
jonne80
Dabbler

Today morning the problem was not seen, I will check again today evening. I can see in your service update that there is a problem with Broadband, I will wait till that is fixed.
Its not speed as I mentioned before, and it was working (even today morning) on Wifi...
I will update when I get home.
Thank you
jonne80
Dabbler

Hi,
Just checking the service, the problem is there, I am not sure if its because of the current problem you are having with your network.
Thank you.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

It might be a DNS problem.  We've an open issue at the minute.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager