Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Readyshare USB Drive

gswindale
Grafter

Problems with Readyshare USB Drive

Hi All,
I have a Netgear DGN2200V3 router which has a Western Digital Essentials 1TB h/d attached by USB.
When first setup; I could access the external drive by simply typing in \\Readyshare into Windows Explorer.  Until recently that was fine - however a couple of days ago I received a message about being unable to read from Source File or disc when copying a file off my desktop onto the h/d.
It now seems that none of the PCs in the house can access the drive through the network share - nor can our SONOS device read the music.
I can however type in the URL http://readyshare.routerlogin.net/shares into my browser and access and view/play the files fine.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can get proper network access back?  As it is affecting both laptops/PCs and the SONOS device; I am reasonably certain it is something that might not be quite right in the router.
5 REPLIES 5
lowlatency
Grafter

Re: Problems with Readyshare USB Drive

I know im going to sound like a jerk but have you turned off your router and on again?
I have the netgear dgn3500 with readyshare and I just turned my router on/off and it was working again  Tongue
gswindale
Grafter

Hi,
Yes - tried that a couple of times.  Had it working briefly after the first reboot, but then it stopped again.
Have now just tried disabling network access and rebooting, re-enabling network access and rebooting.  All seems to be good at present...
gswindale
Grafter

And twenty minutes later it seems to have stopped again 😞
Starting to get a little frustrated now as this particular router has already been returned once under warranty as it developed a fault causing it to reboot intermittently.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

And twenty minutes later it seems to have stopped again

Are you so sure it's the router and not an issue with the USB drive?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gswindale
Grafter

Hi Adam,
It's the fact that if I access it over the weblink or via FTP; I can see the drive fine and read/write to it; however if I go through a network share or via the SONOS box it comes up as not available.
That to me suggests that it is something in the router that is not quite right.
I will try another drive (I've got a portable one spare) tonight and see how that pans out, but I'm not optimistic about it working!