cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with FTP to non Plusnet sites

markagblewis

Problems with FTP to non Plusnet sites

Hi
I have been experiencing problems with FTP to sites other than plsunet for the past 2 weeks now, while it wasn;t a big issue for me back then it is now becoming an issue. I have been able to connect in the past and I can connect using the same PC on another broadband connection so I am eliminating PC configuration and the Windows firewall settings on that.
This leads to the fault being either my router a Netgear DG834G which I have not changed and currently has all outbound traffic allowed and all inbound traffic blocked in it's firewall rules. I have added exceptions for FTP on inbound but no success. I have also disabled the Broadband firewall by plusnet and still no luck.
I have a ticket raised and awaiting an update.
If anyone is expriencing the same or has resolved this in the past then I would be grateful for any guidance.
Thanks
Mark
1 REPLY 1
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 167

Re: Problems with FTP to non Plusnet sites

I can see you've updated the broadband firewall settings but you haven't disconnected and reconnected since then. This means the updated settings won't have come in to effect. Try powering down your modem/router for 30 seconds and then power back up and reconnect. You should be able to FTP then.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff