Problems in Brum?

Help I've lost internet connectivity.

B16 postcode area. Is it just me?

Done all usual checks, resets etc.

Jez
4 REPLIES 4
baggiedude

Re: Problems in Brum?

Same here Jez. Blue light was still on router but connection lost. Restarted router and worked for a short while before going down again. Was still off this morning, so restarted again and it's been OK so far.

Would like to know if there was a general problem last night as we are off on holiday and remaining family need internet access.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @jezclax,

I've taken a look into your connection today and upon testing your line everything appears to be back up and running after a brief outage last night. If you are still experiencing any issues though, please let us know and we will be happy to investigate further.

Hi @baggiedude,

I've taken a look into your connection today as well and I can see that your connection appears to have dropped a couple of times over the last few days, but besides that everything looks fine from our end of things. As this is the case we'll need a bit more information to help narrow down where the problem may lie so I would ask if this issue is occurring through Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections and if it is happening across all of your devices?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@baggiedude  Did you by any chance install the latest updates to W10?  In the early hours of Thursday morning W10 wouldn't let me shut down unless I installed the latest updates, and since it was 3am. I chose 'Install and Shut down' rather than 'Install and Restart'.  When I tried to log on about 12 hours later there was no internet connection despite all the right lights on the router being on.  I had to reboot the router, after which it sprang to life.  My ISP (not PN) informs me when I lose connection and their email said there was no connection for 70 seconds at the time W10 shut down the computer after installing the updates.  I'm not sure why I then had to reboot the router in order to get back on line, but at least it worked.

jezclax

Thanks - all sorted as you said!