Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems at Plusnet today?

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

Problems at Plusnet today?

My router logs are showing loss of the PPP link for two fairly long periods in the last 24 hours.
LCP went down at 02:48:43 this morning and the router was not able to reauthorise until 03:04:40 (CHAP authentication success). It happened again at 13:06:30 - LCP down. Re authentication happened at  14:10:01 - CHAP authentication success. While down the router tries to reconnect every 60 seconds.
In neither incident do I appear to have lost exchange sync and the noise margins look fairly consistent over the disconnections (according to Routerstats the line has been rock solid). I have not rebooted anything in the interim, so the fault looks to be external to me.
Nothing on the status page that looks remotely relevant.
Any clues as to what might have been happening? Is it BT or something at your end?
Is it likely to happen again?
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Problems at Plusnet today?

HI wisty,
I can also see these on our connection logs. I'm not aware of any issues at our end that could have caused these but certainly keep us informed should you notice it happening again.
Jojo Smiley
wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

JoJo
It happened again today -  according to the router's log, although I am a little suspicious of the Routers timekeeping because after each authentication success there is a n <NTP> event and the router clock gets synced to a later time!
Tue, 2011-01-11 15:36:01 - LCP down.
Tue, 2011-01-11 15:44:16 - CHAP authentication success
Tue, 2011-01-11 16:23:01 - <NTP> Local NTP clock is now synced
I presume that this is the problem reported on the status page at 16:50 today (I wasn't in so I didn't really notice). Could last weeks events have been an early symptom?

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi wisty,
[quote=wisty]Could last weeks events have been an early symptom?
It's really hard to tell, there's lots of possibilities.
Jojo Smiley
sourceit
Grafter

I too had problems with loss of connection at just after 12am and then later at 2am.  Both require hard reboot of router.