Fixes: 29

Re: Problem with my broadband order

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@bmc wrote:

I suggested using the post code as the phone number database may not have updated following your phone line move.

Brian was correct.

Supplier records just hadn't updated yesterday following the line activation. Apologies for the confusion/frustration caused, ideally this is something every provisioning adviser should be aware of - I'll pass feedback on internally.

I'll place your fibre order now and will confirm shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's been placed now, we'll confirm the activation date via the ticket on your account shortly. With any luck it should go live within 5 working days (30th June), but sometimes can be pushed back due to engineer availability.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Be interesting to see what the DSL checker says for your line now

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Much better...

Capture.PNG

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gel wrote:
PN use Openreach infrastructure; Sky will have their own, so speeds may well differ.

Both Sky & PN use the same infrastructure for fibre - if ports are available and the same (or similar) PRODUCTS are available, speeds should be the same.

The issue is, if the phone number is with Sky, it will not in in BT's databases and therefore BTw speed predictions might not be available / accurate.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.