cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with my broadband order

listed
Hooked

Problem with my broadband order

Having put in an order to have both landline and broadband from PlusNet the other week. Was told that it would be connected on the 22/06/2017. so this morning i had an email confirming that the landline has been installed and works. So i checked out the links to my my account with plus net and it looks like i have a message on there saying that i can not get fibre in my area, i have been on fibre with other suppliers for around 4 years. The thing is i never received any email confirmtion about this . Its only the fact that i was looking thought the my account section that i had noticed this.

Im really not happy at all as i dont even use the landline for calls its only needed for the broadband, which they say they cant give me. i have never known a company to quite happily take your money and promise you a service and only give you a landline i have no use for. So know im stuck in a long contract with PlusNet with a landline that i will not use, so i means if i go with another supplier to get my fibre brandband the cost is going to be a lot more as im with a different company with my landline.

I really hope that this can be sorted out by them. As i have never received any confirmation from them to say this, it was down to me looking myself.

20 REPLIES 20
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Problem with my broadband order

If you had fibre before you should still be able to get it. It could be a temporary provisioning problem such as lack of capacity at the cabinet. What does the BT wholesale DSL checker say for your line if it is recognised or you may need to use the Address version, just put in your Post Code and select the address from the drop down list.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

What does the BT Wholesale checker say about your line - you might need to use the post code version.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Brian

listed
Hooked

Thanks for the fast responses.

ok i have run the check through the phoneline only and another one by my address.

i have to admit i dont really understand them.

the first one looks like i can opnly get 1mps

but the second one with my address says its fine and can get the full speed 80mbps

i have attached both files if someone with any knowledge can have a look and confirm for me.

bmc
Hero

I suggested using the post code as the phone number database may not have updated following your phone line move.

From the address check you should be able to get FTTC - around up to 70 download on a good line or up to 49 on an impacted (poor quality) line.

Brian

listed
Hooked

Ok i have run the search using just my postcode and its getting what looks like a limit of 14 Mbps. THis cant be right as i was with sky broadband and had speeds of around 25-30 Mbps on average.

bmc
Hero

Which exchange are you on?

Hopefully one of the PlusNet staff will jump in soon and give you an official answer.

Brian

listed
Hooked

im not sure exactlly what exchnage im on. All i know is the main exchnage is about a mile from my house.

Yeah thats what im hoping for lol.

thanks for your help by the way

bmc
Hero

Your Exchange is listed on the phone line checks. On the picture you attached previously you have obscured your phone number and the Exchange but not your cabinet number.

Brian

listed
Hooked

im on the LITTLEHAMPTON exchange

bmc
Hero

A website called CodeLook has the following for Cabinet 11 in Littlehampton.

FTTC Available from 9th November 2012, FTTP from 23rd December 2014  

To confirm this is for post code BN17

Brian

listed
Hooked

Yeah you have the correct details. So i should not have a problem getting fibre from then.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

Sorry to hear it looks like we're not able to provide you with fibre broadband.

It appears that this is related to the fact that DSL Checker is showing results of 1mbps. This is either because your line has only just been provided, it can take about 24 hours for the records to update.

Or, there's a problem with the records that we can report to our suppliers via a TAGs query (usually takes 3-5 days).

If it turns out we're unable to provide fibre, then we'll be happy to leave your contract without any penalty, because the product/contract you agreed to initially is fibre.

If you're happy with waiting a couple of days before we progress your broadband order, I'll check up on this for you tomorrow and raise the TAGs query if we need to.

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
listed
Hooked

Hey Anoush

Yeah is a new line that has just been activated as of today. Like i said in my previous posts i had had fibre at this address from another supplier for many years so there is no question that i can't have fibre with you.

That's good if it need to leave then i can i take it in will get a refund of what it have paid out to you guys already .

Yeah I'm happy to wait a couple of days for the DSL checker to update , but yeah go ahead and raise a TAG, whatever one of those are.

Please keep me updated
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to me,

I've moved the ticket on your account to my teams pool, we'll check up on this tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet