Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem not shown - Service Status

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Problem not shown - Service Status

Just seen this by James over at TBB. http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=3344539&page=0&view=collapsed...
We unfortunately dropped a gateway over the course of the weekend, which will have resulted in some poor speeds being seen.
Nothing is showing up on the Service Status http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&supporta=rhmservicestatus
Was this due to the relevant people having a well deserved break
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Problem not shown - Service Status

AFAIK there was a drop on PTN-AG2 last Thursday night / Friday morning, this didn't disconnect everyone on there and there haven't been any since. This shouldn't have had any significant impact on speeds but may have caused some of the other gateways to be slightly more congested.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Chris,
Have a look at the thread I linked to - that isn't the impression given
James
Grafter

Hi Jim,
I'm afraid that that's down to me not being able to read a graph properly.  There was a gateway drop on Thursday night
We're having a look into the speed problems being reported this morning to see if we can see anything untoward causing poor speeds during those times being reported.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Thanks James - no problem - it is a bit early after all  Grin
lingbob
Grafter

Could this account for losing my connection several times yesterday ?Huh
Regards .....
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Shouldn't do, the drop was late on Thursday evening, not yesterday. There is nothing on the graphs suggesting widespread connection drops yesterday.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lingbob
Grafter

The drops started around yesterday lunchtime and continued sporadically until I re-booted the router at around 7pm last night. Since then, I've not seen any more connection drops - must have been the Bank Holiday Gremlins  Cheesy
Regards .....